Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limits Regulations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limits Regulations

The state limit for crappie is 30 per day. Can a man/woman legally go fish Truman catch their limit and then go to LOZ and catch another limit as long as the fish are kept separate and bags properly labeled?
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks KC. I am hoping I have that kind of luck tomorrow but my luck never runs that good.
    "They call me The Crappie Menace."

Post Thanks / Like

Just be sure you don't have those filets from Truman in the cooler in your boat! It would be best if you took them home first or if that's not possible keep your cooler in the truck.

Post Thanks / Like

As stated in above responses, in that situation you would be legal catching 15 crappie at Truman (which is Truman’s daily lake limit) and then that same day catching 15 crappie from LOZ (which is LOZ’s daily lake limit) because your total fish count is at the state-wide daily limit of 30 crappie.

As mentioned, make sure you are not filleting the fish or keeping the fish on the water or banks of the water. I realize that “banks thereof” is not technically defined in the code and that it may create confusion. This is intended to provide a common sense way to enforce regulations statewide on a case by case basis where the waters and banks thereof are vastly different – making it impossible to create an all-encompassing distance.

I recommend contacting your local agent to discuss what is commonly accepted at the location(s) you are fishing.

REF: 3CSR 10-6.405(3)(B) A person may possess only the daily limit of any species while on the waters or banks thereof to which the limit applies.

Dan Schepis
    Conservation Agent
    Clay Co., MO
    Posted: 05/19/13 @ 9:22am

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a limit as to what is kept fileted in my freezer?

Post Thanks / Like

It is best to have the first limit in the freezer before starting the second limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeKdog View Post
    It is best to have the first limit in the freezer before starting the second limit.

I would agree. I'm just wondering if a person could be in trouble of their past that point

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a state wide daily limit of 30 crappie, then you could go to one lake and catch 10 fish and go to another lake and finish your daily limit of 20. somewhere in the regs it should way what the daily limit of crappie statewide. For example you could not go to Mo. and kill 15 doves and go to Tenn and kill 15 more in the same day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dnelson View Post
    Is there a limit as to what is kept fileted in my freezer?
    Yes there is. In Missouri you are allowed to possess 60 crappies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast