Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance go free wireless unit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance go free wireless unit

Has anyone seen these new units? The go free wireless unit will let you view and control your hds 2 and hds2 touch units via an app from your android or apple device.

Here is what I found out from lowrance tech support this morning. The software should be available for hds touch units later this month and give the user the ability to view the touch unit wirelessly and the control feature should follow shortly thereafter. Also, should be available to non touch gen 2 units soon as well. Tech support did not know if it would ever be available for use with gen 1 units.

The apps are available now on droid and apple, I downloaded them both, but they do not do anything since no network is available. You'll have to search for simrad to find it. Also, I found the go free unit on the Internet for $199.

Anyone know anything else about these units?

Post Thanks / Like

The API is open, which is a big surprise. That means anybody can write programs to interface with the units. Good for competition!

My understanding is that you will be able to display data on the remote devices as well, so you could potentially use a tablet as a sonar or map.

The units are available, but like you said, the update from Lowrance to enable the interface isn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364933931.505936.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  62.5 KB

Here is the info I found