Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: where to mount transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default where to mount transducer

Where is the best place have the transducer mounter on a down imagining unit? Is it best on the back or on the trolling motor? Not gonna be doing much trolloig, may do alittle spider rigging? Any input would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

There isn't a bad place, but depending on what units you already have there may be a better choice.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends !! Is that the only unit you will have on the boat ??

If you're not going to be doing much trolling/SR'ing ... how will you be fishing, mostly ??

Which DI unit do you have ??

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

i have two units on the boat as of now... one a lowrance and one is a garmin..I bought a new lowrance elite 5 dsi... i was wondering if its better to have the down imaging on the console or at the front of the boat..i usaually drop anchors or tie off and fish...

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's how you fish most of the time I would mount on console. Ride around use it to find structure. Then use bow unit to get and stay on it.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with cray, on console.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEY1982 View Post
    i have two units on the boat as of now... one a lowrance and one is a garmin..I bought a new lowrance elite 5 dsi... i was wondering if its better to have the down imaging on the console or at the front of the boat..i usaually drop anchors or tie off and fish...
    In that case, I think the E5DSI would work better for you on the console. Read thru my sticky post at the top of the "Fishing Electronics" page, and you'll get a feel for why we're suggesting that. Down image units will show better images & give you more information when they're in motion ... up to 8mph.

While I do have my E5DSI mounted on the front ... I do more casting than most other methods. I'm set up to troll or Spider rig, too, but am just now getting into using those methods more than before. I don't have anchors, and can't always tie off ... so I use marker buoys, when necessary.

Come join the discussion on this unit, in the sticky thread I started, if you have problems or questions related to the Elite 5 DSI.

... cp