Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman, Windsor Landing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman, Windsor Landing

Hi, I'm a newbie! Looking at heading down to Truman Saturday near Windsor Crossing and do some crappie fishing. Anyone willing to share any info? Never been down to this area and have always heard how good the crappie fishing is at Truman and it's only a two hour drive for me. Thanks in advance for any help. I figured the water temp would be warmer up in that arm of the lake is why I kinda picked Windsor if anyone was wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the CdC... I don't fish that arm, but there are some that will drop in a give you some ideas of what's going on over there.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me I'd drive another 15 min to bucksaw and fish up grand.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything that I've read says to go to bucksaw. I just read a report that the crappie were not up there yet due to cold water run off that is flowing in there at Windsor.

Post Thanks / Like

Should I go towards Warsaw, or towards Osceola?

Post Thanks / Like

Huh? From Bucksaw? If so, we call it up or down. Basically if you leave the marina and go to the left (Warsaw) you are going downstream, if you go right you are going upstream.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Huh? From Bucksaw? If so, we call it up or down. Basically if you leave the marina and go to the left (Warsaw) you are going downstream, if you go right you are going upstream.

Yes I meant launching from Bucksaw. Sorry for being vague! Gotcha, so head towards Osceola?

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the Tebo arm a lot but a guy I work with says it's starting to muddy up a bit from the run off, during the spawn Brush Creek is hard to beat (first big creek after you leave the boat ramp going down the lake to your left) and there is also Clear Creek on down the lake to your left. There is a lot of stumps and the channel zig zags when you get past Brush Creek so I would take it slow and find a good lake map.

Post Thanks / Like

My info will be a week old + when you get to the water,,,,,,,,,,, but. I fished Tebo last friday adn it was pretty slow. I wish we had went to the Grand. The fishing is good there but it hasn't turned on yet.
    Bulletman aka Tommy