Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get a retractable net that is not too hard on the wallet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where can I get a retractable net that is not too hard on the wallet?

Went crappie fishing yesterday and caught a few 13-14 inch crappie on my spider rig with 14ft rods and I kept loosing them. Where can I get a good retractable net for a good price and what brand?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a regular size net. I went to the home inprovement store and bought an extendable paint roller handle for ten dollars, stuck it into the landing net handle and riveted them together. It works great and cost a fraction of an extendable net cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly jig has a good one that extends to over 8ft and retracts to under 4ft. Under 40 bucks!

Post Thanks / Like

My first thought is, why are you losing so many? A 13-14" fish is usually in the 1 1/4 to 1 1/2lb range. I normally check for a good hookset and hoist those in the boat without many problems. In the case of a bad hookset or a larger fish, I will go for the net, which is just a plain ole net with an improvised extension on it. Some of the whippier trolling rods require more attention when bring the fish in, as they have a tendency to give slack line, allowing the jig to loosen if not set properly. This may not be your problem, just a thought.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know it maybe that it's me because it's my second time spider rigging with long poles, I do give it a good lift to make sure I get a pretty good hook set when I get a bite but when I try to raise the fish into the boat the fish just falls back into the water. Do you think I need to set the hook harder?

Post Thanks / Like

Try CROSSING THEIR EYES, should help. I rarely use a net when fishing by myself.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I added an extendable pole from a broken ice scraper, kinda like the paint pole idea above. You could use an old twist lock shower curtain rod, paint pole, curtain, rod. Etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Ego reach, $40
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Monks Crappie has the Cumings Crap E Net I like it better than the Ego. You can take it apart and clean it if need be in seconds and the basket is replaceable with a couple of minutes with a screw driver unlike the Ego. Plus it's 10ft versus the Ego's 8.5ft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countrytime View Post
    You can take it apart and clean it if need be in seconds and the basket is replaceable with a couple of minutes with a screw driver unlike the Ego.
    Do not understand this statement. I changed my basket fairly easily on my EGO net.... I am going to check out the net you talk about though and see how the weight compares with the 1.5' extra. Can use all the reach I can get.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast