Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Moose, I am trying catch up

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Moose, I am trying catch up

I don't think I can beat you on words, but I think I am ahead with PICS.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How about step 5

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Canepole, I tried your posting gif and got to step 5. After I right clicked on the gif I did not see an address(url)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Canepole, I tried your posting gif and got to step 5. After I right clicked on the gif I did not see an address(url)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    were you on my web page?

Post Thanks / Like

were you on my web page?

Yep

Post Thanks / Like

Default gif

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Yep
    when you right click on the gif, a properties window should open. About the middle of this window you should read some text that says address. check this out then, we will meet in the chat room when you respond to this message. I will wait for your response first.

Post Thanks / Like

when you right click on the gif, a properties window should open. About the middle of this window you should read some text that says address. check this out then, we will meet in the chat room when you respond to this message. I will wait for your response first.
    I right clicked on gif and a window opened with save as and others including properties. I opened properties and found the url. I blued it in, hit paste and went to post new thread(don't know where test page is),clicked on yellow envelope,right clicked and hit paste. Never saw an ok or anything else. I hit preview and it just showed what is now on the board under test.....

Post Thanks / Like

can this moose run as long as he can type
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is one cool pic. Thanks. Man if I knew more about avitors I would usse that one or something like it for my avitor.

But at last I can't manipulate those pictures ... yet. I am still trying to figure out how to use this dang blasted scanner.

These big maps are giving me fits.

I wish I had some that could tell me what I am doing wrong. I am starting to think that it may be the scanner that is not working 100% . Not sure but I have never had this many problems trying to scan stuff before. It may be that the size of these maps are too big. 19.5" x 13.5" is just too big even for a legal pad sized scanner bed. My scanner bed is only 8.5" x 11" and that is just too darn small to get the map scanned in one pass. And each section that I am scanning is about 100 megabytes in size. To splice 4 sections together would give me a 400 MB file which is way too big. I know that and plan on rescanning these again at a much lower resolution than 600 dpi. Maybe 150 dpi will work better. And if the scanner stops failing on me in the middle of a scan I could get this done in a few days. right now I am luck to get two pages scanned in a day. I am not kidding. I have to reboot between each section and then somethings even reinstall the scanners drivers and add the new lamp drivers to get this damn scanner to work with Paint Shop Pro 8.01.

If this thing would work right it would be a lot more fun to do. But in the end I want to get the best digital images that I can get. Even if I can't splice these map sections together graphically I could have them printed out and then splice the paper togehter to make a map page. I will have to check with the local printers to see if they can print stuff from a disk. I could download the maps onto a zip disk and give that to the printers to use. But the darn zip disks only hold 100 mbytes each and some of these map section files are bigger than 100 MB. Just my luck. I don't have a CD burner but I do have an external WD hard drive that holds 20 gigs of data. That is where I am storing the digital images. This hard drive better never fail me though. I do plan on getting this data saved on a DVD or a CD in the future when I get them done.

Regards,

Moose1am