Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan Ice Fishing 3/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan Ice Fishing 3/29

What a difference from last year... water temps were 49 degrees in most spots and barely 50 back in the shallower water. Last year this time water temps in the same areas were in the high 60's and the crappie had been shallow for a couple weeks. I remember fishing in shorts, a tee shirt, and sandals.

Not this year! At daybreak I thought I was going to need an ice auger... it was a refreshing ride to my first spot at 28 degrees and I had full deer hunting gear with beanie, goretex, thinsulate, you name it! Found the crappie in 21' - 23' of water in the mouth of the creek and they were between the bottom and 15'. Caught 26 single-poling with jigs but only 6 were over 10". There were two guys spider rigging with live minnows that either caught a whole lot or were simply lifting the same crappie out of the water every time I glanced their way. Maybe by June they'll be shallow...

Post Thanks / Like

Its after Easter, should start warming up now.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---WHEN I CAN FISH AND CATCH:D

Post Thanks / Like

70's tomorrow,50's Tue and Wed, 40's Thur. Hope it gets better over next 2 weeks. On vacation week of 15th with friends coming up from Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

With this weird weather, I think only the fish really know what they're going to do. Thanks for the post and glad you didn't freeze to your boat out there!
    Life jackets can be uncomfortable, but much less so than drowning.