Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help from rod builders... Need tip for Fenwick Elite Tech River Runner 6'8" UL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help from rod builders... Need tip for Fenwick Elite Tech River Runner 6'8" UL

I have a 6'8" Ultra Light Fenwick Elite Tech River Runner rod that I busted part of the ceramic out of the tip. I contacted Fenwick which won't replace the rod since it was my fault (didn't think they would). But, they also won't sell me a tip or direct me to a place where I might be able to buy a tip that will match up with the rod. Does anyone know where I can get a rod tip that would look like the one I have on my fenwick? I can probably replace the tip myself but I want the same on thats on it or one that looks very similar... Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Try these guys. If they don't have it, I would be surprised. Custom Fishing Rod Building & Tackle Crafting Supply | mudhole.com
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

You will need to know the size tip you need it could be a 4, 6, or maybe even an eight. The next thing you will need is the size of the rod at the tip top,
    that would be in thousands of an inch. You could measure that as close to the guide as you can get or get that info from the mfg. Your friendly bait
    store might have a few old rod tips that you could get one from, I have done that many times, just cut it off, drill it out and super glue it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Pm me. I have a ton of extra tips. Might have something you need. Or you can order direct through Mudhole.com. Your tube size will more than likely be 4, 4.5 or 5. Ring size probably 4 or 6. When you go to order a tip your ring size is first and tube size second. Ring size 6 and tube size 4 will look like 6(4). Fuji Hardloy are probably the cheapest you can find and are good if you dont use braid. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by bigboyjames1168; 03-29-2013 at 11:02 PM.