Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie-Lake Harney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie-Lake Harney

Well, set out this morning at 5am heading to the lake, thought I'd stop by Skeeters to see if Rich had any minnows, nope, not to worry, I'll just hit the ole "Computerman Bait Store, they got minnows.
    Motovated up to Mims, ZONK, bait store is closed !! Now what ? Just my luck, why always me lord ??
    I decided I'd have to make a trip up to Kelly's Bait and Tackle in Oakhill (15 mi). I just "GOT" to have them minnows ! !
    If I had went out on the lake without minnows and got nothing I'd be fit to be tied, well, I just wasn't going to do it, period !
    Surely Kelly's would be open, sure enough, they were, and I got my minnows, I'm happy.
    Hit the lake right as dawn was cracking, a little bit windy (out of the north) but manageable, I made my way to the northwest end of the lake right where the river exits, set up a drift and kicked back with my hot coffee in the rather cold morning.
    Forty five minutes later I've decided, ain't no fish here ! Picked up and headed over to the northeast side, went up into "Underhill Slough",
    dropped anchor and threw out for catfish and crappie. Water depth was approx five feet. Nothing but a big ole gator cruising by after thirty minutes.
    Picked up anchor, headed out deep off of Stone Island, started drifting, fifteen minutes, my bobber dissappears, fish on ! Almost got him to the boat, he does a bass wiggle/jiggle and throws the hook, danged ! Then I look and my second pole has fish on ! Got him in, 12.5 inches, nice slab !
    Fished a bit more in this spot, NADA, several more boats showing up in the area. I decide to head to central west side of lake (Gator Point)
    (I just love "Map Create-6).
    Nothing over there, head back toward middle of lake, finally hook up on some fish, actually, lost five, kept three, total of four in the box.
    I tried a couple places in the river on the way back in, nothing.
    River is still high but way down from where it was (still over the banks). Tried a chartruese jig a few times but nobody seemed to want it.
    Got my fish home and had the ole lady fry em up for supper, can you believe it, she makes hushpuppies but no Grits !! Big argument ensues,
    God didn't mean for man to eat fish without having grits too !! ! ! ! How many times I got to tell her that !!
    So, finally, got me some Crappie, the bite is on at last, I feel so much better now.
    Didn't set the world on fire, but, I'm happy just the same.
    The morning got really nice as the day progressed, wound up in my "T" shirt by the time I headed out of the lake.
    OK, have a nice day everyone..
    Danny
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

That is enough to make you lips greasy - A good woman can be hard to find - I have to fry my fish but the wife will make me a pot of grits - and she makes the boat payments so I think I will keep her
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The Local Paper said the slabs are biting in Lake Woodruff, which is the lake that this fish camp is located on ... great place to clean fish too ... check 'em out ... they have an "800" number ... http://www.hpfishcamp.com/btm-tool.htm ... Chester

Post Thanks / Like

This coming Sunday morning it will be 42 degrees.
    I think it will be perfect for crappies everywhere in this area. I plan on being out there for sure !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Danny

Are you the same Danny that lives in Titusville that I have E-Mailed on occasion?
    Joe

UOTE=Phantom309]Well, set out this morning at 5am heading to the lake, thought I'd stop by Skeeters to see if Rich had any minnows, nope, not to worry, I'll just hit the ole "Computerman Bait Store, they got minnows.
    Motovated up to Mims, ZONK, bait store is closed !! Now what ? Just my luck, why always me lord ??
    I decided I'd have to make a trip up to Kelly's Bait and Tackle in Oakhill (15 mi). I just "GOT" to have them minnows ! !
    If I had went out on the lake without minnows and got nothing I'd be fit to be tied, well, I just wasn't going to do it, period !
    Surely Kelly's would be open, sure enough, they were, and I got my minnows, I'm happy.
    Hit the lake right as dawn was cracking, a little bit windy (out of the north) but manageable, I made my way to the northwest end of the lake right where the river exits, set up a drift and kicked back with my hot coffee in the rather cold morning.
    Forty five minutes later I've decided, ain't no fish here ! Picked up and headed over to the northeast side, went up into "Underhill Slough",
    dropped anchor and threw out for catfish and crappie. Water depth was approx five feet. Nothing but a big ole gator cruising by after thirty minutes.
    Picked up anchor, headed out deep off of Stone Island, started drifting, fifteen minutes, my bobber dissappears, fish on ! Almost got him to the boat, he does a bass wiggle/jiggle and throws the hook, danged ! Then I look and my second pole has fish on ! Got him in, 12.5 inches, nice slab !
    Fished a bit more in this spot, NADA, several more boats showing up in the area. I decide to head to central west side of lake (Gator Point)
    (I just love "Map Create-6).
    Nothing over there, head back toward middle of lake, finally hook up on some fish, actually, lost five, kept three, total of four in the box.
    I tried a couple places in the river on the way back in, nothing.
    River is still high but way down from where it was (still over the banks). Tried a chartruese jig a few times but nobody seemed to want it.
    Got my fish home and had the ole lady fry em up for supper, can you believe it, she makes hushpuppies but no Grits !! Big argument ensues,
    God didn't mean for man to eat fish without having grits too !! ! ! ! How many times I got to tell her that !!
    So, finally, got me some Crappie, the bite is on at last, I feel so much better now.
    Didn't set the world on fire, but, I'm happy just the same.
    The morning got really nice as the day progressed, wound up in my "T" shirt by the time I headed out of the lake.
    OK, have a nice day everyone..
    Danny
    [/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yes Joe,
    It is I/me !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend [good luck]

Thanks...Catch you later.