Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which P-Line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which P-Line?

Most of the P-Line threads I have found are 4-7 years old and since then new versions of P-Line have came out so I have a question.

I mostly cast for crappie with Mr. Crappie 4# & 6# hi-vis line on Shimano Sahara 750 & 500 spinning reels. I really enjoy this line, but have recently experiencing some memory issues with it in colder temps. Aerosol Reel Magic helps some but not enough. I've used Mr. Crappie for years and know that this issue will resolve itself in warmer weather/water temps. That being said, I'm hankering to try a new line and having heard alot of good things about P-Line and want to try it out. For those of you that use P-Line, what type do you use? I prefer something in hi-vis. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

CX Premium in fluorescent green

Post Thanks / Like

CX is still the best
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'll give the CX Premium a try. Looks like the fluorescent green may be hard to find in a regular spool. How is the visibility with the moss green and clear? I like to watch my line most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish quite a bit and I use the Pline CXX Hi vis and clear too at times. I absolutely love it. I buy the bigger roll thats like 13 or 14 bucks. Ive not found anything that is as tough and small at the same time. I vertical fish quite a bit but also tight line alot as well. Good luck. I use the 6 pound on all now. I find it to work well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GoneCrappieFishing, just got home from the sporting goods store. I picked up a spool of CX Premium in 4# test (moss green) and a spool of 6# test (clear fluorescent). This way I can test out the 4# vs. 6# and moss green vs. clear fluorescent. I've used fluorescent green/yellow Mr.Crappie in the past and like to see my line so we'll see how these work out. Getting ready to spool up the Shimanos for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Flouroclear
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -