Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truman and walleyes

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman and walleyes

Just curious as to how good of a walleye lake is truman and where would be some good places to look for them this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Truman is a good walleye lake and seems to be improving. Some of this is due to more anglers targeting walleye. Several places to focus are on Osage and Pomme de Terre arms in the Osage Bluff areas. Over the past several years MDC has stocked walleye near Bucksaw and Long Shoal. Reports continue to increase of walley being caught in these areas. Walleye also make runs up the major tributaries. Walleye are caught up the Osage tributaries to the KS line. There is also a good run up the Big Pomme. The Sac above HWY 82 all the way to Caplinger Mills and directly below the mill dam are traditional walley areas in the spring. In the upper tribs. fish on and in pools directly below riffles. On the main lake look for bluff ends and any areas where current or wind move water, long rocky points, cuts, etc. During the summer walley can be caught on main lake humps and points. Once the thermocline develops, look for points that are just above the thermocline. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well put Mike

Post Thanks / Like

We caught several up the Pomme last spring crappie fishing. Talked to one boat that had caught an 8 lb. the day before.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. Glad to have you on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information that you provided. It will help a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught quiet a few pulling cranks over the humps on the Grand. G14 and the 7 Hwy bridge were really good to me last year.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will try fishing for them a bit. I really never had any success catching them, They are really a good eat though.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman is darn good walleye lake. Come spring when you are going crappie fishing don't hesitate to keep a rod rigged with your favorite, shad rap, flicker shad etc. and work the windy gravelly points, you might be surprised at home many you will catch up shallow, especially if water is up in the bushes. Birghter colors seem to work better for me like Clown, Firetiger etc. Oh and keep one of the lure retriever poles handy, it can pay for itself on the first trip. Some crappie and walleye fillets go very nice together.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the lure and spot tips. I will try that out soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast