Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie/Boat Rentals on LOZ/Osage Beach

SGFAngler Guest

Default Crappie/Boat Rentals on LOZ/Osage Beach

I've enjoyed reading over this forum for lake info the past couple of months but haven't felt like I've had a whole lot of value to add to the discussion until now. But I'm hoping somebody out there can help me out about with some advice about LOZ. I've been given, by a lucky twist, a couple of night's stay at the Tan-Tar-A resort coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping to turn it into a fishing trip. I've done a lot of fishing at Truman, but I've never fished LOZ. Can anybody recommend a good marina to rent a bass or basic fishing boat from, and are there any good spots to get onto some crappie around the Osage Beach area this time of year? I appreciate any bits of info anybody might be able to give me -- I've gotten a lot from this site, and I hope I'll be able to add to it in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with bridgeport marina 348-2280 they are at the glaize bridge right off hwy 54 they should be able to fix you up,do you have a gps?if so i could give you a couple of spots by the glaize bridge,let me know.As a bonus the docks at tan tar a can be very good you should be able to clean up on crappie this time of year right there.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

SGFAngler Guest

Thanks a bunch for the info, bugman. I will give them a call, although I wondered if Tan-tar-A's own marina would be worth going through since I'll be right there. Negative on the gps, I'm still trying to find my way around the old fashioned way. I am glad to hear about those docks being productive spots, though.

Post Thanks / Like

if you go out of tan-tra's dock try the point and cove straight across from the dock,to the leftthere is brush and docks and there is also brush straight towards sur-dyke marine in the same cove...lol,fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default tan-tar-a docks

the tan-tar-a docks are a good place for crappie the ones that stay there dont fish there i fished there a couple times and got my limit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing near Tan-Tara

Some buddies of mine have been doing really well near Tan-Tara lately near a place called Michael's. I don't know exactly where it is but it is between Tan-Tara and Linn Creek on the south side of the lake.The docks are over 45 to 50 ft. of water with the fish suspended. Try it out at dark. Linn Creek is also decent too. I'm prejudice, but pumpkin/chartreuse jigs have been great. Let em sink and reel SLOW. Watch for line sags. Good luck!! Mike

SGFAngler Guest

I can't thank you guys enough for all the great info. I think we are going to try to go with the marina there at Tan-Tar-A, armed with a waterproof map and plenty of jigs (I was hoping somebody might slip in some color advice, so thanks for that, SlabHunter). Always tough to fish a lake you're unfamiliar with, but we'll see what happens!