Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wanted to say howdy from Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted to say howdy from Texas.

Man, you talk about hot, now I know why we went on the road, and if it had not been for timeing and the need to "fill in the box" for a tax home requirement, would not be here now. Good place to be in the winter, but let me tell ya.....
    IT'S SO HOT THE FISH ARE SWEATING!
    No one really catching a bunch of crappie, but some of the pro's are. There was a nice stringer turned in for a tourny over on Houston County, but guess you really have to be on your game and fish these waters a lot this time of year to do any good.
    Not wanting to take up anymore of yall time, just wanted to say howdy and that we are still kicking and sweatin down here in College Station, Texas.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Dusty,it has been bad around here too.I havent been fishing much lately but i'm gonna change that tommorrow,just cant stand it any more gonna have to suffer in the heat but a few slabs will make it worth it.The best thing about the dog days of august is that cooler weather is just around the corner just hang in there buddy it wont be long.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bug, good to hear from you too. Hope all is well with all the fellers up there and that everyone is looking forward to the october meet. Know it will be cooler for sure.
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

we're all chompin at the bit...wont be long now.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

heck, during that last big heat wave we had it was hotter in the dakotas than here or texas. that's just crazy! i bet it saves time pulling them out and having them already cooked. that would be nice. take care down there dusty.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

"Preciate it fryguy. Just want to get back over to the hill country and get in a spring fed creek. The lake water here is hotter than I normally do a bath. For instance. Over on Gibbons Creek (another power plant lake) the surface water temp ranged from 92 to 96. Guess I will learn some new tactics, cuz all my old ones are not working. Had to learn a few new ones at Thomas Hill too. Just glad I'm not an old dog............well, you know about them and new tricks don't ya???
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

By the way.......I need some assistance. Back a long time ago, when I was chatting with Izzy, I suggested having a fish cook off during the october camp. He told me that he would gladly be a judge, but did all his fish in "Andy's". I tried Andy's and fell in love with it, so did the wife.
    So, this is where I need help. Is anyone up there willing to let me send them the money to have some Andy's shipped to me???? I will not only pay for the product and shipping, but will throw in a bit extra for your time and trouble.
    I still have some left (I bought 6 packages before we left up there), but if I start having some fish frys from going out in salt, where all the fish are this time of year, I'm gonna run out pretty quick.
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

Not a problem Dusty just let me know how much you want and i'll get it out to you,pm me or give me a call 573-793-6665

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Really appreciate it mr. bugman. Will give you a holler sometime early next week. Want to get enough to last a while, but not too much at one time.
    Dusty