Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Create 6.3 vs Fishing Hot SpotsŪ Elite

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Map Create 6.3 vs Fishing Hot SpotsŪ Elite

Has anyone ever compared these 2 maps side by side? I have the map Create program but would like more detail of some lakes. Unfortunately, the ones I need are not on the free "enhanced lakes" list. Would the Hot Spots solve this problem and can you add your waypoints to it? I sent Lowrance an e-mail about this but no reply.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Premium hotspots is the way to go.Now that they have the whole US on just 4 chips and the price went down.The contours are really accurate at least here in the midwest.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree w/ jerker. Hotspots is the way to go.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get a reply from Lowrance and they will tell you "Hot Spots" has a patent on those lakes and they will NOT ever provide a free map because of this. Just got my reply a few days ago concerning the same thing for Lake Sam Rayburn. Guess we are going to have to buy if we want the map huh? Good luck, Ferdi, aka Fred

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you add your waypoints to them?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default waypoints

I have the Map create and also the navonics premium card. The way points are separate files and can be read from a card that has them into your gps and then they are resident in the ram of the gps. The map file is stored on the card and only parts of the map is read into the gps as you need that part of the map. To save new waypoints onto your gps is where they will stay until you transfer the data from your gps onto your card. I use a data card to store my waypoints on and never write onto my Navonics map card. The card that I use for data is also what I use for the Mapcreate program maps. It is 512 meg and will hold a very large map or several smaller ones. Just remember that the waypoints is stored into the GPS when you save them and you must use "data transfer" to transfer them onto a card to share with others. Also the trails are stored in the same file with the waypoints. I always try to make it a habit to save (transfer) the wayponts on my GPS to the card often in case my GPS goes south and I loose every location I had saved.
    Last edited by deputyking; 08-22-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deputyking
    I have the Map create and also the navonics premium card. The way points are separate files and can be read from a card that has them into your gps and then they are resident in the ram of the gps. The map file is stored on the card and only parts of the map is read into the gps as you need that part of the map. To save new waypoints onto your gps is where they will stay until you transfer the data from your gps onto your card. I use a data card to store my waypoints on and never write onto my Navonics map card. The card that I use for data is also what I use for the Mapcreate program maps. It is 512 meg and will hold a very large map or several smaller ones. Just remember that the waypoints is stored into the GPS when you save them and you must use "data transfer" to transfer them onto a card to share with others. Also the trails are stored in the same file with the waypoints. I always try to make it a habit to save (transfer) the wayponts on my GPS to the card often in case my GPS goes south and I loose every location I had saved.
    Thanks DK. Thats what I was hoping to hear. I store them in 3 places. The GPS, the card and in my computer. If I understand you correctly, with the waypoints in the GPS, I take my card out and put the Navonics card in and it will just overlay whats in there with the more detailed info. Is that correct?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes,

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Thanks DK. Thats what I was hoping to hear. I store them in 3 places. The GPS, the card and in my computer. If I understand you correctly, with the waypoints in the GPS, I take my card out and put the Navonics card in and it will just overlay whats in there with the more detailed info. Is that correct?
    Yes the way points will stay in your GPS and this will allow you to switch map cards. I only have the southeast card and it splits Tenn and Alabama and so when I fish above Ala or when I fish a location that is not on the Navonics card I have to use the "Map create" map. The waypoints and trails are still in the GPS.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lowrance maps are better because when you zoom in all the way, Navionics looses the depth contour. I have both maps but now have bought all new Lowrance maps.

Post Thanks / Like

If your lake shows to be a HD map it will take a little time getting use to so many contour lines. It has one foot contour lines. They divide the country in 4 or 5 maps, can't remember which.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast