Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sardis, grenada, or reelfoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Default sardis, grenada, or reelfoot?

I live in between them actually a little closer to reelfoot. I'm looking at going the first weekend in April which one is easier to find fish on. I've never fished any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

For us Reelfoot was easier to find fish. For big fish you cant beat Grenada and Sardis. We did well for numbers and decent size ( not quite as big as Grenada ) on Enid when we was in Miss. There will be plenty of boats on all these lakes to help show where the fish are. Just take mental notes as to what everyone ( depth, structure, and clarity ) is fishing and follow that patten. Good luck with wichever lake you choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Reelfoot is not even in the same league as the Mississippi lakes! You maybe closer to some great fishing in Alabama that is a little closer, but too me Reelfoot is not a premier crappie lake. I would not drive much distance to fish there. A lot of money is spent on advertising this lake. Its a good lake, but to be honest it does not live up to the hype and the fish will be shallow there in April! This will make it tough to get to them without a smaller boat. This is a flooded timber lake, be careful. Pickwick has to be closer to you as is probably Guntersville and maybe Weiss. Just trying to help!

Bear Creek is tough to beat in April on Pickwick! Try the Buzzard Roost area or Airplane Hollow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    Reelfoot is not even in the same league as the Mississippi lakes! You maybe closer to some great fishing in Alabama that is a little closer, but too me Reelfoot is not a premier crappie lake. I would not drive much distance to fish there. A lot of money is spent on advertising this lake. Its a good lake, but to be honest it does not live up to the hype and the fish will be shallow there in April! This will make it tough to get to them without a smaller boat. This is a flooded timber lake, be careful. Pickwick has to be closer to you as is probably Guntersville and maybe Weiss. Just trying to help!

Bear Creek is tough to beat in April on Pickwick! Try the Buzzard Roost area or Airplane Hollow!
    This is dead on, great advice!
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Have not made it to Grenda yet, but have fished Sardis and Reelfoot a couple of times each. Wind can be the nemesis on any of them. Got blown off Reelfoot for several days, and a drift sock can't be used there like it can on Sardis. I think theres' better fish/fishing on the Sippy lakes myself.

You didn't say if you were taking a boat or not. If you are going to go guided and go to Sippy, give Feelay (Carl Painter) a shout. You will not be disappointed. Have fished Sardis both April and Oct. Did a little better in the fall, but that's not sayin' much as we caught lots of fish both seasons. I think they have an 11" minimum length this year on Sardis too. I the spring we tossed back an average of 7 fish for each 1 we could keep. Have fun and be safe no matter where you go. Good luck.

Feelay, Jigflinger, Tomtom, and Doodler w/ Sardis catch

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sardis, grenada, or reelfoot?

Crappie Masters at Grenada first weekend of April.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be in a boat. And thanks for all the info because I'm not the best fisherman this is the first trip I've made in more than ten years. I don't get time to go really my little cousin asked me if I wanted to and just wanted catch something this time. The last one for me and him was a failure. And again thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah go south, no crappie in Reelfoot...
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sardis, grenada, or reelfoot?

Kentucky lake is heating up right now. Not a bad option!

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast