Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hotfoot ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotfoot ??

I've been thinking about adding a hotfoot and blinker trim to my bass boat. Any pros and cons would sure be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

A hotfoot is a great safety product. If you plan on going fast 60+. Blinker trim is nice to so you can keep your hands on the wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a hotfoot for a lot of years and can't imagine having a boat without one!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone I know who has a Hotfoot installed Loves it..... I think the blinker trim is a nice addition also.

Post Thanks / Like

blinker trim is good--for keeping both hands on the wheel--I have button trim on the wheel and trim in the throttle lever--and got to say I still use the one on the throttle lever. the hot foot--won't have a boat without one--it is the only way to go imo. The only con is you have to be careful mounting it (don't want to go through the hull or have it where it can catch on stick) and you may or may not need new cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Hot foot is the only way to go and you will like the blinker trim I have also been thinking of adding the trim.
    Balzout Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the feedback. Safety was the key factor in thinking about adding both. I just bought my first bass boat with a 200 hp and that thing is a lot faster than my v bottom with tiller 40hp. Lol. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Hotfoot is a must in a fast boat,as is a blinker trim.You need to learn to control a fast boat at or near top speed with the trim.Think of the throttle as power and the trim as speed.The blinker trim switch allows you to keep both hands on the wheel and still make critical trim adjustments.Keep this in mind...If while at top speed,WOT,trimmed out,just the prop and a little pad in the water,it gets into chine walk or becomes unstable...you chop the throttle...the bow/keel digs in...it hooks...hard left...or right...which ever is worse.BAD BAD DAY.The move you want to make is to trim down,NOT cut power,to regain stability and control.You back off the throttle after the keel is in the water.OH yeah...ALWAYS wear your kill switch.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders