Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Boat

Chatt,

What kind of boat do you have? I am thinking about selling my Triton and getting an all welded aluminum. Something more suited for crappie fishing in the tree's. Fiberglass and tree's don't go well together. Do you know anyone in the market for a 2004 Triton TR186 with a Mercury Optimax 150. The boat is in excellent shape, custom cover, all the bells and whistles.

Post Thanks / Like

Hef,

I have a fiberglass boat and fish in the trees with no problems. I get a scratch here and there but nothing major!

Here is a trick for you to try before youget rid of your boat:

Get some 1 1/2" PVC pipe(scd 40). Cut a couple in 5' lengths and a couple in 10' lengths. On each piece at one end drill a hole in the side close to the end. Get some rope and run it through the hole from outside to inside and tie it off. With the other end of the rope, run it down the pipe to the other end. This will allow you to make a loop at the tied end to put around the brush. At the other end, leave about 4 ft of rope and cut it off. Now you have a way to tie off to the brush without getting into it and tearing up your boat.

I have 2 sets of these made and they work great. Works best for me if I use one off the bow and the other off the transom. Not all situations are the same and therefore this doesn't always work the way you would like it too. I use them to tie up to bridge pilings and brush.

Need anymore info on this, let me know!

Greg
    HuskerLand is the name, custom jigs are the game!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Hef, I have a Alumacraft Bay Invader with a 150 Optimax. Sent you a E-mail with pictures. I got it at Ozawkie Boats, up at Perry. They are the best dealership in the area. I HIGHLY reccomend them. See Dennis about a possible trade. They WILL give you the best deal around,,,and service??? There is NONE better. GREAT bunch of people there. Just show up at 8am with sweet rolls,:D ,,you'll get immediate service!!! Heh! Heh! Heh! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Hef, I know a guy who is looking for a boat, but probably not in the price range of what you are looking for....He is more in the market for an alumnimum boat and I believe is about to pull the trigger on a closeout 06 model....How much are you asking and I will let him know.