Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dammed Geese at Longview Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dammed Geese at Longview Lake

Thought I would run out to Longview for a bit before the snow storm hits. Hoping the Walleye might be starting to show up on the dam. I wish the Walleye were as plentiful as the geese. Got goose crap all over everything-shoes, truck-boat

Name:  geese.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  54.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Dam city geese! Send em my way ill take care of them! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I had 2 fly into the side of my truck Monday in Springfield. Dented the front wheel well and scratched up my door. Got an estimate today of just north of $1000.

Post Thanks / Like

what a load of crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the quackers I mean....

Post Thanks / Like

Im with HH!
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    Im with HH!
    If there is enough geese flying over to do that I could probably hit one. I was going to me a smart,$& and say that I thought you and hard hunter could shoot better than you could fish but dang it's not looking like it from that picture but I decided not to say it

Post Thanks / Like

One day I hope to be as good as you.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Notice I did not say you were not good. Just that you were better at shooting them dang birds. No more than I fished this winter I may as well been with you and hardhunter slinging some steel shot. I am horrible with a shotgun but with that many making that mess I probally could hit a few. Looks like they need to open another season on them. Are these geese staying at this lake or just passing through. Dad has trouble with geese that stick around at the city lake in Windsor most years. Hard to get rid of them. Conservation department has gave him squealer rounds for a shotgun, flare gun and other things but they just fly to the other end of the lake most times.

Post Thanks / Like

Those danged geese stay here at longview lake and make a mess of the ramps every year. I have had to try to walk between the goosexxxx piles and like his picture shows that is not possible. I can't understand that they keep the marina open but not clean the walk ramps. I agree that they should open season on em. Year round would be good. I see them geese blocking traffic around here because people stop and let them slowly waddle by. I just haven't been first in line yet, got poop on my shoe and foot slid off the pedal.

Post Thanks / Like

You are not required to avoid wildlife in the road, "unavoidable" situations come up, tough for the bird.

I know of a guy that tours his local lake at night during nesting season and breaks the eggs of the **** factories.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.