Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hunting something I know someone has laying around!

Post Thanks / Like

Default hunting something I know someone has laying around!

I have a motorguide brute 747 that I have and am putting on a boat to give to a family in the church I work at. What I don't have is the
    bracket it mounts onto. The motor works fine. I had the motor, and ended up running into a stump, the bracket broke, and so I bought
    a gator mount. I then bought a bigger motor, no bracket. SO, in order to get this motor and boat to this family this boat (kid has autism),
    I need to find a mount. I dont care if it is an older one...just something the motorguide fits in. I have been looking on ebay, and have found a couple,
    and I don't mind paying for one, but I don't have that much money. I am trying to do something nice for someone. If you have one laying around,
    holler. I've also looked on Craigslist, and put some calls and emails into some shops.

Thanks...

mrwillis

Post Thanks / Like

Default hunting something I know someone has laying around!

Can you pist a pic? I think I have one that may work.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I may as well, post a pic of what it is.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even have a pic. It isn't the trolling motor...just the mounting bracket for a bow mount Motorguide foot-control trolling motor. I know that there are people like myself that have upgraded trolling motors, or just brackets, and have one sitting in the garage...thinking to themselves that "surely I will use that somewhere"...LOL. That's me. I end up giving away more stuff that I thought I would use that I ended up not using.

Hope this helps...holler if you need more information. I'm actually going to recarpet this thing for them these next two days, then would like to mount the troller, two extra fishfinders I had, and give it to them for Easter.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Tri-State Trolling Motor Repair In Hazelwood Mo. 428 Chez Paree, Hazelwood, Missouri | (314) 921-7292. They have alot of used units and If anyone would have one at a shop I would Think they would. Tell them what you are trying to do. I hope this helps, It is always great to see someone trying to help get a kid out Fishing.....

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the clamp that goes around the motor shaft?.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older gator mount off of my old boat that I will gladly donate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO' MONEY View Post
    I have an older gator mount off of my old boat that I will gladly donate
    Mo' Money, that is up to you. If you are serious about it, I would have you send it to the church where I work, and I will be more than happy to pay for the shipping. The address is: Central Christian Church
    c/o Matt Willis
    303 Buchanan Dr
    Lawrenceville, Illinois 62439

We can do this a couple different ways. If you want to send it up and I will reimburse you for shipping. Or, if you want to find out how much shipping is going to be, I will send you money early. That is up to you. This is a huge blessing, and I will do what you want/need to get done!

Thanks,

mrwillis