Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best trolling poles and length??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best trolling poles and length??

Looking to purchase new trolling rods...any suggestions would be appreciated!! Brand,length,and reels?? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

[grizzly jigs] B&M PST 14' or 16'
    kost plus crappie team

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What Warbirds said. Best all around pole out there. Go to Fishermans Factory Outlet and get some of those reman Shakespere reels for 22.00 Thumbar and 6 bearings will last forever. Really nice reels. Most don't look like they have ever been used.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased 2 pst 16 B & M poles. I am not used to fishing with that length of pole,how does a single person in a boat bring the fish in?
    I also purchased a ego gen 11 slider net and a t-bar rod holder. Do I set the hook and lift the pole and then net the fish?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Vandy

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes practice with that long a pole by yourself. That's the reason for some of us recommending the thumbar reels. You set hook,keep line tight,mash thumbar and hold spool with thumb. As you lift the pole let out line and slide net under fish. Or you can set hook and work pole backwards into boat until you can net fish. Like I said it takes practice. You could get you a 1 lb weight and at the risk of someone calling the little white jacket guys get out in drive way sitting in boat practice the tecqnecue of landing and letting out line.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I think some of the best trolling rods at ozark 14' or the new 16'. they have some of the best back bone also
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with the PST's mentioned above. I have 8 of them and always have at least two in my trolling spread. Only other ones I use are in the 7-8' range that I have from walleye trolling. Can't beat the BnM for the all-around rod for pulling and pushin.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the ones that grizzly jig has on sale 4 for 60 dollars. I have used them twice and got a limit of nice fish both times and they held up great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    I think some of the best trolling rods at ozark 14' or the new 16'. they have some of the best back bone also
    Couldn't have said it better myself......great rods and they take the abuse a bunch better than other rods.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast