Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Snap?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cold Snap?

With the cold weather moving in this week after some warm days what do y'all think it will do to the fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know but I'm glad you asked the same question I had. I went yesterday, the day after the front...good fishin but bad catchin. Now I'm wonderin do I go today or wait till tomorrow which is the day the next front is coming? I'm havin trouble figuring these crappie fishes out. Dont get me wrong I love just fishing but would also love to catch a limit.

Post Thanks / Like

It will do very little to nothing in respect to where the crappie are currently located. The way they hit, or more exact, the way they want it presented, will change a little during the actual cold portions of the next couple of days, or really just the nights and early morning hours. These fish, or at least the ones I'm fishing for, are committed now and the full moon is upon us. The water temp will not drop enough to move these fish, either. It's on like donkey kong! The only other thing that will affect the number of fish you catch is water clarity, but again, where I'm at with them, a little dirt in the water actually helps my approach.
    James 1:5

Post Thanks / Like

I'd expect them to shut down for a few days, maybe move to the first drop or ledge, but there not leaving the shallows. First sunny afternoon and there back to feeding.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditch, which do you think will be better this weekend early mornings or afternoons? Did I read right sunny afternoon you think will move them back up in the shallows. I would like to get my daughter out and she likes the sunny afternoons better than the early mornings any day.

Flintcreek.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Basser View Post
    I'd expect them to shut down for a few days, maybe move to the first drop or ledge, but there not leaving the shallows. First sunny afternoon and there back to feeding.
    They were shut down for sure. Fished Flint Creek north of Hartselle today. Water temp at 54 with light wind and not much current. Looked for them from 18" to 12'. Flingin jigs - plastic from Junebug/chart to Butter Belly and everything in between and maribou in red/black/chart. Casting to stumps, blowdowns, brush and sometimes to open water just for giggles. Didn't have any minnows but everyone that did said they weren't gettin bit. Managed to catch 3 crappie, two shorts and one 11" , one largemouth, one stripe and one ugly eel. Beautiful day on the water and a few bites made for a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Flintcreek, this weekend is going to be tough on wheeler. The water level is dropping and the water temp has or will dropping by 10 degrees. If it was my daughter I'd wait till Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. You'll probably catch more by then in a couple hours then your going to catch all day Sat or Sun. That's just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditch...Thanks I believe I will follow your advice and work on some other stuff tomorrow and get caught up around the house and see if I can get out next week a few afternoons....may even work on some rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard on the way home today we are supposed to get 1/2 to 1 inch of rain over the next 24 hours. So you know that means TVA will drop the water like crazy. I too am hoping to get in some fishing this week with spring break and all. But prolly not even going to attempt till Monday evening or Tuesday Morning. But If Ditch says its so I take his word as the truth. Just Saying. Good Luck. If you see a old john boat with with Crappie.Com stickers onthe front give me a yell. I hope to be flint all next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe those fish are still there fellas. The way they will want it will slow down but the fish aren't going to leave because they're ready to pop once the temp comes up a few degrees and the full moon is close. Larry David is on the mark!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast