Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: locating Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default locating Crappie

Funny thing, My home lake here in Raleigh has 200 miles of shore line, tons of coves, I only fish a small part of it, but a surprise to me, I find more Crappie in coves that dont have little creeks running into them to do, I always thought the opposite. anyone know why, all around the same size same depth.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=falls...+Lake&t=m&z=14

Have a great day,

Post Thanks / Like

Default locating Crappie

Wow, gnarly looking lake! I assume you are fishing those coves during the spawn? Its hard to tell without knowing depth and structure, but my guess is that the coves you are catching in are protected from wind and current. The coves that have creeks running through them may have current or rising/falling water, which is less than ideal for spawning Crappie. Also, they are more likely to keep moving on up the creeks to spawn, which is why they are not in the coves. Just my .02, I could be way off!!

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Were are just now getting off the ice. Our crappie are still in main lake mostly on creek channels or just off roaming on adjacent flats in 25-33 ft of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Able chaser,I use to fish Falls ,in the first part of spring ,the creeks with inflow water were much better ,creeks like upper and lower Barkley I think is the name ,but they are on six forks rd ,the pockets without inflowing water works better in mid April and may,this lake is much river therefore the pockets are good bedding places when the bedding really kicks in
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Genec, that's Upper/Lower Barton creeks, very good standing timber area's pretty soon, inside the bridges, Thanks for the post, Falls is 2 mins from my house so I fish it alot, love night stalking here, pretty lake but not many docks to fish, lol
    I guess thats a good thing, no houses on this lake,

Have a great day

timber area @ 6 forks
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...223.08,,0,9.38

Post Thanks / Like

Albiechaser,in that pic at Barton creek where tree line is ,the creek channel is about 15 feet inside the tree line and at time is good. You can follow it with DF.also if you go pass the trees thru canal and turn right ,there are lay down that are good and gets evening sun on it
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful lake wish I had one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Albiechaser,in that pic at Barton creek where tree line is ,the creek channel is about 15 feet inside the tree line and at time is good. You can follow it with DF.also if you go pass the trees thru canal and turn right ,there are lay down that are good and gets evening sun on it
    Yes that's good in there thru the canal, that area is where I take a good buddy carp fishing, we get them with fly rods back in there, good stuff, most of my spots for crappie are closer to the dam, also Ledge rock is great, I've put alot of fish condos down at ledge rock, those trees in there have a few of my anchors, lol
    Name:  3141_1134955980950_1168639_n.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  59.5 KB