Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Only Fish I got today

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Only Fish I got today

I am bored. It is raining and cold. I am sick of honey do's and listening to the damn vacuum cleaner run.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I am bored. It is raining and cold. I am sick of honey do's and listening to the damn vacuum cleaner run.
    I had to get out and fix the roof today and still have not warmed up. I can spend all day out fishing in this weather and not get this chilled. WHY żż
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Well Cane Pole you should have seen what I was trying to do all day long. I am trying to scan those blasted maps and every other time the damn computer just stops right in the middle of sending the rescanned picture to my Paint Shop Pro 8 Program. I don't know if it's the HP 3300C's software that is not working or the Paint Shop Pro 8's accusition software or the USB cable or the USB board or what. But I could spit nails right about now. Been at this for four straight hours and only got two damn pages finished today. This is for the damn birds.

I started out scanning these maps at 600 dpi. I could go as high at 1200 dpi but I figured 600 was good enough. The HP software wants to automaticllay scan them at 150dpi. I should have used 300dpi as that seems to work best but I have alread done map 27 though 5 at 600 dpi and I only have map pages 4 though Zero to go. But each pages needs four damn scans as the pages are bigger than my scanner bed. This better be worth the effort in the long run.

I need to talk to someone that knows what the heck is wrong with my setup. Why does it work on the first scan and then every other scan fails. I have to reboot or restart PSP8 each time I try to do another scan. This is **$*#_+#@ Crazy.

Anyone out there using a scanner that screws up 1/2 the time like mine does?

This is an HP 3300C that I borrowed from my neighbor. I got the software from HP and found some information about this scanner on the HP web site. I downloaded and installed a lamp controller file that is suppose to fix this stalling problem.

Hell I have 765 meg of ram and am using a permenant swap file of 2056 in size. I surely can't be running out of memory.

God I hate computers sometimes. I should have gone fishing today but had to fix some things for my mom before starting on these maps again.

I have some headphones that you might want to look at. They work and drown out the vaccume cleaner noise. LOL

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default They have an upgrade

PSP9.0. More money, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea they have been sending me emails about once ever four days bugging me about paying them another 55 bucks for the darm update. The way I figure this is if the first program doesn't work why should I pay more to get it to work. If they can't do it right the first time then why would I want to believe that they can do it right the second time.

I should not have to pay to update a program that is broke in the first place. But that is the way software is sold tanks to BILL GATES and his damn marketing practices. I hate faulty software and faulty computers. They really make me mad when they don't work right.

I need a drink LOL

PSP9.0. More money, of course.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default I here you

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Yea they have been sending me emails about once ever four days bugging me about paying them another 55 bucks for the darm update. The way I figure this is if the first program doesn't work why should I pay more to get it to work. If they can't do it right the first time then why would I want to believe that they can do it right the second time.

I should not have to pay to update a program that is broke in the first place. But that is the way software is sold tanks to BILL GATES and his damn marketing practices. I hate faulty software and faulty computers. They really make me mad when they don't work right.

I need a drink LOL
    I have some mapquest maps CD's. The only way I can use them is the cd must be in the comp...Can not copy or nothing. What a rip. The got us. Don't buy mapquest stuff.