Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stowage ??? for you that spider rig or troll with double minnow or jig rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stowage ??? for you that spider rig or troll with double minnow or jig rigs

I keep planning to start doing a little trolling this year and one thing that popped into my head today was how to stow these rigs during transport to keep them from becoming a tangled mess. What do you do with your lines when you get done? Especially the rigs with the 3-way swivel and 3/4 or so ounce weight dangling below.
    Last edited by tnriverluver; 03-17-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrap mine around a pool noodle.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stowage ??? for you that spider rig or troll with double minnow or jig rigs

If I am just moving to a different spot and dont want to break my rods down, I put one hook in the eye of my rod and the other in the handle, then wrap the weight around the rod to keep everything tight. If I am breaking them down, I double the sections together, put one hook in the eye, the other in the handle and either wrap the weight around the rod, or wrap the line around the rod and hook it on one of the eyes. I normally use Fasnaps for quick change of weights and colors, so I can just pop the hook off instead of hooking it into the handle. Clear as mud?

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    i wrap mine around a pool noodle.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I had never seen the fasnaps before until looking at different rig options last night. I think that may be one of the best solutions. Keep em coming, I like what I am reading so far.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

fasnaps make it easier to quickly change jigs
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    fasnaps make it easier to quickly change jigs
    Yeah I think that is the route I will try first. Easier to just remove the upper bait and the weight and just hook the bottom bait as normal. Thanks for the suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Stowage ??? for you that spider rig or troll with double minnow or jig rigs

I have a rod rack that one of the members from the Mississippi board makes. I am always getting compliments on it. I never break down any of my rods... they just stay in the rack unless I'm fishing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaulAR View Post
    I have a rod rack that one of the members from the Mississippi board makes. I am always getting compliments on it. I never break down any of my rods... they just stay in the rack unless I'm fishing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    My issue here is not so much how to stow the rods as it is how to stow the lines, hooks, and weights without them becoming tangled especially with multiple rods rigged this way.

Post Thanks / Like

I put my bottom hook in the hook eye on the rod. Then take the top hook and pull it up tight away from the bottom hook,mark the spot where it will touch the rod,then wrap electrical tape around the rod in that area,to stick the hook into.I've done this to all my rods works pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast