Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to start?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to start?

I have been giving some thought to fishing in some crappie torunaments as an amateur in a few years, especially after I retire and have the time to travel. How does a person go about getting into this? Is there a particular circuit a person should fish? What I need is just a nudge in the right direction so I can research this further.
    I will be going to Lake Blackshear in February to hook up with some of you on this board for a slabfest. Of you guys that are going to be there, do any of you fish tournaments? If so, are you willing to sit down with me and the Mrs. so we can pick your brain some?
    Thanks for any advice you all can give.

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 tournament circcuits that currently have a schedule in this area are Southern Crappie and Crappie USA. There is also monthly tournaments starting in the Fall at Lake Oconee sponsored by Jiffy Jigs. All schedules can be found online. My advice would be to start with a lake that you have some experience on. The lakes vary from year to year depending on sponsorship, but generally there is a core group that remains the same. Like in all other things, the more you do something the more you learn.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF