Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot

hey guys, never fished reelfoot but was thinking of doing so sometime soon. how is bite down there during the winter months. thanks
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

mrbigfish Guest

Default Small winter problems

The north wind on the foot can make 10mph seem like 25mph. Great fishing they have stopped all commercial fishing on the lake. From experience, the local duck hunters will give winter fishermen a fit. They are not mean, just the constant shooting and falling steel shot will aggrivate anyone. Decoys are allways in the way. Soon as duck season is over, Im there.....Keep in mind I am not complaining about the hunting at all. It just gets a little nail-biting when you are trying to fish so close to hunters shooting on water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by adamr
    hey guys, never fished reelfoot but was thinking of doing so sometime soon. how is bite down there during the winter months. thanks
    Adamr;
    I've fished Reelfoot the last week of April for the last 35yrs. Feb.and Mar.are supposed to be hot for the big slab crappie. If it's any better than April, I couldn't handle it.I advise anyone going there to go to the north end of the lake. There's more places to get out of the wind. A jigpole and jigs are the tackle that you'll need. You are gonna luv it !!!!!!!!

Brane ded

Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot guys, i appreciate all of your help.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"