Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rope a Boat system

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rope a Boat system

There is a system out there for unloading and loading your boat. It is a fancy electric winch system. It is called a Rope a Boat system. Does any one have one or have any experience working with one. Would like to hear what you think of it, problems etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at the video on their site, looks like a good idea but it looks like it would take too long to luanch the boat at a crowded boat luanch.

Post Thanks / Like

For $1200 + I think I can do it just fine!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^SPAM!!!!!!SPAM!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good Bye Troll!!!
    Last edited by huntinslabs; 09-17-2014 at 08:41 AM.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Ed
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I see a few issues. First, if you watch the usage video, you will see him get in the boat however, as you watch the boat being loaded, the trailer is backed further in the water (the ladder leads to the water), also you see a pair of shoes next to the truck. When you see him get out, the ladder is again on land. Yes, that could be that someone is in the truck however, they did say it was a one person job!

The issue here is going to be the pitch of the ramp and the depth. Many of us experience water that you must back a long ways to get the boat to float. Without that, you can hit the button all you want however the boat has no way to go down the trailer. Also, with a bunk style system, you would need to be further in the water (boat floating) to make it work. A roller trailer would be more useful but again, the pitch of the ramp would need to be steep enough to get the boat to go backwards!

I've had two electric winches on my bigger boats. One was a 24 footer and the other a 20 footer. In both instances, they had roller trailers. Both of these boats were loaded in lake michigan. Launching with a winch is not needed as you can back a roller trailer far enough in the water to float the boat. Heavier style boats require a pully style system. The cable runs out from the winch, to a pully that connects to the front eye bolt, and then back to the trailer (close to the winch). It works great however, most of the time, you can get the boat within a few feat of the winch stop. This system can be built for a few hundred dollars in comparison to $1300. Yes the key fob would be nice but I just don't see the huge usage for this nor do I see how it would speed anything up. In fact, I see the reverse happeneing.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"