Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: HDS 7 with LSS2 questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HDS 7 with LSS2 questions.

Need a little help here...I just bought a HDS7 Gen 2 for the console and a HDS5 Gen 2 for the bow with LSS2. They're being installed this week. The box says they come with Insight. Do I need to buy an upgraded Insight chip in order to get my contour lines, or is everything good to go right out of the box? Also, if I have to buy a chip, do I have to buy separate chips for each unit or is the info shared since the units are networked. Please help...this is a major upgrade for me..I'm used to just an old Garmin 250C. I'll be mainly fishing Lake Oologah and Grand Lake in Oklahoma, maybe Skiatook and Tenkiller some. Also might run over to Table Rock and Taneycomo every once in a while. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The insight maps are pretty decent most ot the time, but it depends on the lake. If you decide to buy a map card you will need two, the HDS units will not share mpping.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Any recommendations on which cards would be best for my area? I'm really wanting the newest and most detailed chart I can get for around here in Northeast Oklahoma, especially Lake Oologah and Grand Lake. It's been a long time since I've fished much around here and there have been a lot of changes. Oologah has some major silting issues and where I used to fish 25 years ago is now dry land in many cases. I have too many back problems to find myself stuck on a log somewhere, know what I mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I'd try the insight first. If you don't like them go here Oklahoma Bass Club or here Lowrance/Garmin Sonar/GPS and ask some guys in your area for opinions on a card versus the insight mapping for the lakes you fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do...Thanks!