Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HB 581i HD DI not happy so far

Post Thanks / Like

Default HB 581i HD DI not happy so far

Just bought a 581 HD DI at bass pro. The one on display had a bit of a burnt in screen from being run in demo mode for months, but I expected a new unit to be fairly sharp. That is not the case, and there seems to be a bad line right in the middle of the display. I hope it is due to the reflective screen and will be sharper out doors.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I didn't see anything about the snapshot feature in the settings. Is this available on this model or not? The HB site is not very clear, and this is one of the main reasons I bought a DI unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I took it outside and the screen is more easily viewable, so that's good. The line still seems to be there, so we'll see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I would contact HB customer service and describe your concerns to them
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about it, but don't want to jump the gun. I think this screen is just cheap. The refresh time is terribly slow, as in when the depth number changes, the old numbers still show for a split second. I might just take it back and try a different brand. This whole unit just feels cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the 581 costs but the new Elite 7 is an awesome unit for the money, backtrack is pretty cool too.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

The 581 is a $300 unit, 2D/DI/GPS. Not the best, but it was what I can afford. I stayed away from the Lowrance units as they have no 2D sonar on the elite 4 series, and the elite 7 is out of my price range. I'm going to give this one an on-the-water shot as soon as I can, and return it if it isn't up to snuff.

I do like the menu system and ease of use, so it's not all bad. It is just that my $80 Fisheasy 240 has a much better screen than a $300 unit.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a no on the Screen Snapshots for the 581i HD DI unit.
    With the display type it has the contrast and viewability of the display will improve outside. The brighter sun the sun the sharper it will look.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg View Post
    That is a no on the Screen Snapshots for the 581i HD DI unit.
    With the display type it has the contrast and viewability of the display will improve outside. The brighter sun the sun the sharper it will look.
    Thanks for the input Greg. I'm going to give this one a shot on the water before I pass final judgement.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents, but you can usually get better pricing from one of the board sponsors than what BPS sells for.
    Team "Itch N 2 Fish"

Post Thanks / Like

I got to try this out yesterday. Worked much better than expected, so I will happily say I was wrong. Didn't catch but one dink white, but was really impressed with the DI and GPS of the unit. Should be a real nice asset.
    Likes STUMP HUNTER LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast