Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have one of those days?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever have one of those days?

So, this weekend is the nicest we have had all year(72deg) but the wind is blowing 25-30. I have to go to my godson's 3rd birthday party but as I am leaving town I hear the forecast say the wind will lay at 3pm. So I whip the truck around and go hookup to the boat. While hooking up my wife calls and I get distracted and forget to pull the pin on the jack. As I'm pulling across my yard it feels like my truck hits something as it comes to a dead stop. I look back and can see a rut 30 feet long and realize what I did. Then had to take the jack off of the trailer and have noway to unhook the boat from the truck. Then I decide to go ahead and go to the birthday party and worry about the boat later. When I get to the spot where I turned around before, I try to call the wife to tell her I'm finally on my way but my trucks Bluetooth thing says "phone not available" which only happens when the phone isn't in the truck. So after check all pockets ten times I go home and use the "Find my IPhone" app on the wife's iPad, only to discover my phone is in the intersection where I turned around. When I get back down there I find it smashed with my boat trailer tire trend on the back. After the birthday party and a butt chewing from the wife about the brand new iphone5, I go to lowes and get a new jack which I promptly installed in the parking lot. All the new jack stuff went well so I guess I will go ahead and go fishing. Just as I get to the gravel road to the boat ramp I look back to make sure the bot clears the corner, and I don't see the foot deep pothole I hit, but I did see the only drain plug I have fly up out of the cup holder, in the boat, and into the ditch never to be recovered again.

Well thanks for listening and sorry for ranting, feels better to get this out of my system. Something was telling me not to go fishing today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ever have one of those days?

Sounds like a bad day. The weather channel showed the wind dying here around 2. So I went around 2, and it didn't die down til around 6. Only caught 3 big enough to keep. Broke a pole by stepping on it. Still is better than the problem you had. Maybe things will go better for you next time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah same weather, I was going to mallard lake, 25 miles from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Some days everything goes wrong nomatter how hard you try to make sure everything is ok.
    Fishing buddy stayed hung up most of the day either hung up in a tree or hung on log under water.He hardy every gets hung but today wasn't his day...it was funny to me lol.

Post Thanks / Like

mallard lake? where is that?

Post Thanks / Like

Blytheville Arkansas, about 10 miles south of me.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I was the only one with days like that Sorry you had one of 'those' days... Days like that only make the good days better!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have 1 or 2 stories like that.

Post Thanks / Like

You know what really sucks about this whole ordeal, I get home from work today and go check on the boat because I was irate when i put it up Saturday. Flat tire on the boat trailer. Looks like a piece of rebar went through it.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you just can't catch a break.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast