Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bass Pro Float n Fly rod opinions on sensitivity

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bass Pro Float n Fly rod opinions on sensitivity

The Bass Pro Micro Lite Float and Fly rods are on sale at Bass Pro right now and I was curious if anyone had any experience with them.
    I know they are made for float fishing, but I'm curious about their sensitivity and the possibility of using one as a casting or jigging pole as well.
    Anyone know anything about them?

Post Thanks / Like

I had one and liked it. I sold it just to clear out some rods, but it was a good rod.

I took it on a guided trout trip once. The guide liked it and couldn't believe how cheap it was. Overall, I think all the Micro Lite rods are a good value.

Post Thanks / Like

I have four of them and like them very much. they are lite and sensitive and i like cork handle rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 5 and they are awesome rods. A great value. I use my 7 foot 6 inch for casting light jigs to docks at night and vertical jigging. You just have to be careful how you handle them these are not made for hossing or swinging big fish. They are very limber for the IM7 blank and sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Great rod for what you are using it for. I use mine for FnF for smallmouth in the winter an then use it for crappie,plus if you ever break it just return it to BPS an they will replace it no questions asked! Boch

Post Thanks / Like

Micro series good starter rod and the price is right sometimes they run a sale on them they are a little heaver and a little slower action...if you are an avid float-n-fly person and have the money there are some really great rods on the market around 100.00-125.00 St. Croix comes to mind...they really cater to the f-n-f serious anglers!
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

Have a couple and like them a lot.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

are you buying it to mainly/mostly FnF fish with?

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I have one. Very good rod for slip bobber fishing crappie and walleye. Not what I would advise for jig fishing. I consider them too heavy with too slow of action for jig fishing. I think a much better choice in the Micro Lite line of rods for jig casting would be a 6'6" or 7' UL.