Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Nope, didn't fish yet....... but an update.

Just a smidge above 619 and looks like she's starting to level off. Got close enough to 620 to get me excited......... now, just need for it to level off and stabilize.

Report shows 40 degree water up in some of the arms..... main lake probably 38-39??

U

Post Thanks / Like

Wifey and I are going to hit the water Saturday morning, be the good Lord willin'. Going to hit Ely Branch since we're the most familiar with that area, just to see how much it's changed from last fall and a level of 601. Whole new ballgame!!! Looking forward to the challenge of finding them little buggers.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,

When that sun gets up, don't be afraid to shoot across the main lake to Sandy.....I'd have to imagine you can catch fish over there as well.

Let us know how you do!

U

Post Thanks / Like

U
    Funny you should mention Sandy Creek, Louise and I were just talking about giving that a shot this year. 2012 was our first year crappie fishing and we focused most of our efforts around Ely Branch. To keep things fresh we're going to focus on a different area of the lake every year so we can learn the patterns in that particular area (so we think, anyway).
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibcamn View Post
    U
    Funny you should mention Sandy Creek, Louise and I were just talking about giving that a shot this year. 2012 was our first year crappie fishing and we focused most of our efforts around Ely Branch. To keep things fresh we're going to focus on a different area of the lake every year so we can learn the patterns in that particular area (so we think, anyway).
    Mark
    Depending if the creeks are still running or not you could also run down to Lick Creek/Dry Fork. Tend to have early success there as well......

Luck to ya!

U

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any docks in yet or has the water coming up held them off from putting them in? Thanks for info we are headed there this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

107 wasnt in the other day and I would assume the others arent either but you know what happens when you assume. I would guess that it would be to much work for them to put them in and have to push them down in the water everyday when they are lowering the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmondarts View Post
    Is there any docks in yet or has the water coming up held them off from putting them in? Thanks for info we are headed there this weekend.
    Might be dried out enough to put in at some of the gravel ramps, depending on where ya fish. I wouldn't be afraid of it.

U

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up my annual ramp pass this afternoon and will put in at Ray Behrens tomorrow, did any one enjoy today's nice weather out on the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing sucked today and it was windy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast