Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Airbrushing Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airbrushing Jigs

I currently powder paint jigs and that works fine but I want to some specialty jigs with multiple colors and designs. I'll need to airbrush them. My question is on paints and clear coats.

I could use vinyl and thin it out enough to spray, and then use a vinyl clear over top. That would work but they don't come out professional looking.

I've heard many guys talking about using createx, and that would probably work best for me but I don't know what to use for a clear. These would be for production and I can't be spending the time to epoxy each one. I need a clear I can apply quick and easily.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PM Maachuu, on ms board he paints a lot of crank baits with cretex and uses a clear sealer from the hardware store. Also might try ScottV.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't you use a low temp curing clear powdercoat?

Post Thanks / Like

I use Createx ( Wicked) for air brush crankbaits. I use powdercoat with different techniques for different looks on crappie jigs. Be careful what paints you use around plastic baits. They will ruin a whole lot of stuff fast. It is hard getting much detail on small jig heads with air brush but you can get some neat colors mixed. I stick with powder paint because it is easier and I can get the glow and UV effect I like. Since there seems to be a ban on sharing websites with forums on here now I can't give you the links but if you want to pm be and go underground I can give you what I know.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

I powder paint base coat and then air brush Createx for my paterns I also use Createx for my eyes and then I clear it with uv powder paint and then I bake them for 15 to 20 min.