Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan martin today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan martin today

Finally got a chance to get back out today. Was not going to go when i looked at weather forecast before bed, but when i got up they said wind would not pick up to about 11am so decided to go see if i could find some fish since i'm off tomorrow and the weather is suppose to be better. Anyway, started fishing about 7am and caught 6 in 45 minutes. All really nice with 3 of them over 2 1/2 pounds. Caught them in 10ft of water close to shallower water. As soon as the sun was full blast on the water the bite stopped. Tried two other places before the wind picked up and nothing. Water temp was 48. Going again in the am but not sure where to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read most of your posts and you seemed dialed in on the fish most days. Do you mind me asking if you are fishing the upper or lower end of the lake? I normally fish from mid lake to the lower end and have done fairly well last year and the start of this year. I tried the upper end last weekend and drug water. My next chance will be Saturday but I hate having to fight the crowds. I normally choose a weekday to play hooky. I just live over the way in Argo so it is only 30 minutes away to nirvana.

Best regards,

Post Thanks / Like

I hardly ever go north of stemley bridge. Some times I'll go to the coves/flats around poorhouse (which I will probably do tomorrow since the crappie bite is slow, when its cold I hook into a lot of nice striper up there when trolling for crappie). This time of year I troll in any cove or flat between stemley and the damn. Usually this time of year its more about finding the depth they are in. I start out in 10 to 15 feet and go shallow if nothing. Then if still nothing I try another area.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you usafret99. I will be on the lookout for you next time I'm on the water. I'll be in a Fisher Prohawk 180 (silver). I believe you run a red Tracker? Again thank you for the advice.

Best regards,

Post Thanks / Like

How did you do on the second trip frett99....i think I woulda had to hit the 2.5lb spot again...

Post Thanks / Like

Not so good. Yes went to that spot first (couldn't help it) and caught a few nice ones but went dead fast again. Ran up to poorhouse an had no luck. Got to windy early so took a slow two hour boat ride back to the launch area and played win my I pilot and new fish finder. That thing is awesome, side imaging is great and I really like the spot lock on he trolling motor. I'm off Thursday and Friday next week, so hopefully th weather will hold. Would love o spend a full day on the lake without th wind r cold running me off. I'm only 52 but the cold seems colder the older I get. No PW1 I don't have a red tracker I have a pro team 170 tx (silver)