Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wrong place for this, but I gotta vent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrong place for this, but I gotta vent

I know this is not the place for this, but I gotta let it out. I am a die hard Alabama fan and have never rooted for Auburn. I hate Auburn plain and simple. I have to be honest though, it's robbery that they dont get to play for a National Title. USC played an unranked slouchy team for their conference championship. They had to hang on for dear life to win and only beat two ranked teams all year and I dont think they were in the top 10. Oklahoma no doubt blew out Colorado, but they were unranked also. The buffalos had the 100th ranked passing defense in the country, now thats bad. Auburn has beaten three top ten teams this year and won their conference championship "SEC', setting championship game records over a 15th ranked pretty good Tennessee team. If that aint robbery, I dont know what is. I want to congradulate Auburn and all their fans. I think you could beat USC or Oklahoma. Sorry guys, but give respect where its deserved, even if you have to do it on a fishing board LOL. Lets all go catch some crappie now.

Post Thanks / Like

I wait for ACC Basketball - and I am all over the crappie thing
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Auburn should be playing for the title. I agree. The SEC is a much better league this year than both the PAC 10 and the Big 12!!! It is a shame, but the system is still broke~!!!!!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sec

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I know this is not the place for this, but I gotta let it out. I am a die hard Alabama fan and have never rooted for Auburn. I hate Auburn plain and simple. I have to be honest though, it's robbery that they dont get to play for a National Title. USC played an unranked slouchy team for their conference championship. They had to hang on for dear life to win and only beat two ranked teams all year and I dont think they were in the top 10. Oklahoma no doubt blew out Colorado, but they were unranked also. The buffalos had the 100th ranked passing defense in the country, now thats bad. Auburn has beaten three top ten teams this year and won their conference championship "SEC', setting championship game records over a 15th ranked pretty good Tennessee team. If that aint robbery, I dont know what is. I want to congradulate Auburn and all their fans. I think you could beat USC or Oklahoma. Sorry guys, but give respect where its deserved, even if you have to do it on a fishing board LOL. Lets all go catch some crappie now.
    I'm an Ole Miss fan but ,in my opinion, if you go undefeated in the SEC you are the National Champions...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Playoff thats what we need. WE have all of these bowl games. So let the Each division play the top two teams and then play brackets like in basketball. That way theres not a lot of A$$Holes picking who gets to plan. Only fair way to do it. And I'm a UT fan. But was pulling for Auburn all the way. And they are still the best team.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default We were talking about this...

.. while we watched the games, too.

I'd like to see opinion taken out of it and some sort of system put in place that weighs al lthe variables in the statistics: margin of win, points scored, points allowed, yardage allowed, numbers of first downs, and especially third down conversions.
    IMO, defense is barely considered in these polls. Often times a tight scoring game played between the 30's barely gets noticed. All they see are these blowouts.

They sure can't put in a playoff system like the one used for BBall, but maybe the top tem teams ned to playoff. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    .. while we watched the games, too.

I'd like to see opinion taken out of it and some sort of system put in place that weighs al lthe variables in the statistics: margin of win, points scored, points allowed, yardage allowed, numbers of first downs, and especially third down conversions.
    IMO, defense is barely considered in these polls. Often times a tight scoring game played between the 30's barely gets noticed. All they see are these blowouts.

They sure can't put in a playoff system like the one used for BBall, but maybe the top tem teams ned to playoff. - Roberta
    Just play each bowl game as they do in Basket ball. And wonder why everyone thinks we can't have playoffs in football. They could play a game a day.
    Pete

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They wont have a playoff because they cant figure out how to divy all that money up that it will make. And they'd probably have to give the students some of it.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am with you

I went to school at Memphis State (now Memphis University). This should say it all. Memphis lucked up and beat the Vols a few years ago when Payton Manning was QB. The SEC is the toughest league. Anybody can beat anybody at any given time here. Playoffs, the only answer. No one is going to give up that big bowl money though. We can only wish and cuss 'em.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"