Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bream bed screen shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream bed screen shots.

Does anyone have any screen shots of bream beds? I am trying to decide between a 998 or a HDS8. I would like to see some from both brands, if you have them please post them up, Thanks!!
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

this is blue gill beds using hummmnibird 998. its the only picture that i can find right now.ill look to see if i can some more that ive got stored somewere on my computers

Post Thanks / Like

i seem to have deleted the rest of my snapshots that show blue gill beds but i did find these hummviewer pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I can definately see them but if I wasn't looking real hard I think I would miss em. That's kosmo

Post Thanks / Like

yes,i see what your saying,but dont give up maybe someone with a lowrance unit will post some pictures that might be more to your likes

Post Thanks / Like

SYG you dont need anymore help catchin Gills, You do fine just like you are,.What are try to make them extinct

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    SYG you dont need anymore help catchin Gills, You do fine just like you are,.What are try to make them extinct
    Lol, no I don't want them extinct. I will be moving back to SC in about a year when I get out of the Navy and they are a little tougher to find in that stained water. I fish the clear spring fed waters in FL to catch them now. All you need is a good pair of polarized glasses, no side imaging. I am getting back from deployment in June and have to get a new boat and all new electronics, I want to go ahead and get the good stuff so I wouldn't wished I had later. I am leaning forward hummingbird because of the dual beam sonar they have right now, I have not seen anywhere on lowrance site that hey have a dual beam sonar. I want the narrow cone to stay on top of brush in deeper water, looks like it may hard with a Lowrance. If I am wrong someone please correct me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Young Gun View Post
    I have not seen anywhere on lowrance site that hey have a dual beam sonar. I want the narrow cone to stay on top of brush in deeper water, looks like it may hard with a Lowrance. If I am wrong someone please correct me
    How do you figure that?

Post Thanks / Like

Southern Young Gun, Lowrance does have a dual beam transducer.They have 83/200 and 50/200 depending on the unit you want. An HST-WSBL is a 200 hz, transducer....but on a HDS depthfinder it is a 83/200. The unit is able to pick up the two frequencys. If you go to the Lowrance website and look under transducers you will see many dual beam transducers. I have a HDS 7 Gen 2 with the dual beam transducers and use it on 83/200 split screen....Thanks for your service in the military you guys are my heros......... Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    How do you figure that?
    I stated it above. Without a dual beam it's hard to stay directly above brush. If you only have the normal cone the brush can be to the left or right of the boat and it's still registering on the screen. With the narrow radar cone available it helps in directly pinpointing the brush so you can be sure you are not off to the left or right of it......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast