Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I will never understand women!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I will never understand women!!!!

Get this. Maybe some of you(women) can shed some light on me.Or there may be a gunius man out there. I live in a house with my wife,my 16yr old son and my 12 yr old daughter.That makes it two males and two females. My wife got all over me for not putting the toilet seat down. I already had to raise it,but she insists that I lower it when I'm done.I mean she actually gets mad over this. I kinda figured that if it was down then I would raise it. And when the women had to use it,that if it was up then they could lower it.I wouldn't expect them women to raise it for us guys. I just don't understand.crappiehoarder

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

"No man knows more about women than I do, and I know nothing." -Seymour Hicks

Post Thanks / Like

Dude... in these days if the toilet seat is your only problem, then you should thank God for the blessing! Make her happy and the whole house is happy, plus you might get to fish more and have a smaller honey-do list !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The day you start understanding women is the day you realize you are queer.........just saying....

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to use logic and self-interest to convince the females in my family that if they found the seat in an up position that they could be sure there was a "tinkle free guarantee" - meaning that I had raised the seat beforehand and that they could be sure to sit down on a dry seat. I also have two sons whose aim wasn't always so good when they were young so I was sure that my logical plan would be well accepted. Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

just remove the seat and lid.......after a few days she'll be more than happy to lower it herself
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehoarder View Post
    Get this. Maybe some of you(women) can shed some light on me.Or there may be a gunius man out there. I live in a house with my wife,my 16yr old son and my 12 yr old daughter.That makes it two males and two females. My wife got all over me for not putting the toilet seat down. I already had to raise it,but she insists that I lower it when I'm done.I mean she actually gets mad over this. I kinda figured that if it was down then I would raise it. And when the women had to use it,that if it was up then they could lower it.I wouldn't expect them women to raise it for us guys. I just don't understand.crappiehoarder
    Looks to me like, that if the woman wants a "dry" seat, she would raise the lid when she's done! But most women just don't adhere to common logic, for some unknown reason!! Never have and never will!! IMHO !!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, here's the deal. Women are always multitasking. We're doing laundry, deciding what our families would like for supper, trying to remember to give the dog his meds, writing a mental grocery list, planning meals and chores and activities for the days ahead and working a job at the same time. When we go in to the bathroom, we just expect the seat to be down and are often too preoccupied to check it first. If you have NEVER sat down on a toilet without a seat and dunked your behind into that cold water, you just can't relate.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Okay, here's the deal. Women are always multitasking. We're doing laundry, deciding what our families would like for supper, trying to remember to give the dog his meds, writing a mental grocery list, planning meals and chores and activities for the days ahead and working a job at the same time. When we go in to the bathroom, we just expect the seat to be down and are often too preoccupied to check it first. If you have NEVER sat down on a toilet without a seat and dunked your behind into that cold water, you just can't relate.
    Vonna .... I understand that concept, but ....

if women are so good at multi-tasking ... why does a raised toilet seat present a problem ?? You certainly remember to drop your drawers before sitting, and you already know there's a chance that the seat is going to be left raised (if there's a man in the house), so why would you not ALWAYS check the seat position BEFORE you sit

We ALWAYS remember to raise the seat, before we utilize the toilet (from a standing position). And our brains are always multi-tasking, too, but just on different things than those you mention.

Women make it sound like it's a "convenience" thing (not having to think about it) ... when in reality it is really more of a "power" thing (my rules, or you're in deep trouble)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have solved this problem. I still don't understand why it is a problem. But, I have a handel on it.
    I just bought a home in the middle of 10 wooded acres. There are no lids to worry about off of the back deck. Just make sure you know where the cat is first.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast