Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just Ordered my Lil-Pro's 0-30º and Star bases

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Just Ordered my Lil-Pro's 0-30º and Star bases

Just ordered six of the lil pros and bases. I got a 15' fiberglass Logans Run that they will be going on. Will the star bases come with the screws? How do you guys recommend mounting?
    I also ordered my ram mount for my 385 ci/di combo.
    Can any of you guys post some pics of how yall have your driftmasters mounted? Thanks and God Bless..
    Don't catch them all!! :D

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on the type of bases that you ordered. It would also depend on the dealer that you ordered them from. Most dealer do not include the screws because they are not sure how you are going to mount them. If a person calls and orders them from me, I usually ask what kind of screws you are going to need. Most of the bases do come with screws but not all. Check us out at Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

If mounting to fiberglass, you can use regular machine screws, etc. and nylok nuts are suggested. I would also try and use a backer plate to support/strenghten the mounting area if you can get to the backside of the area you're gonna mount it to. Can get a plastic/cheapo cutting board of the right thickness at wally world, cut it down with a hacksaw to about 2-3x's the size of the star base, drill holes to match the base and mount it up. Might put some silicone sealant around the screw holes to prevent water from getting in there. If mounting to floor made of wood, you can use the sheet metal screws, but I would mount it the same way as above. You can find the correct size of screws needed at driftmaster.com
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.. anybody got any pics of how yall have mounted these?
    Don't catch them all!! :D