Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ranting about bass fisherman and tournaments

Post Thanks / Like

Default ranting about bass fisherman and tournaments

I am getting to the point where I despise most bass fisherman and especially tournament fisherman. You can not enjoy a decent weekend of fishing anymore on Guntersville because it seems there are tournaments every weekend. The guys have absolutely no respect. In the no wake zones close to where other people are fishing they fly right up to the area and then slow down which creates more wake than wide open. It would be less wake wide open but is too dangerous. I think the game and fish division needs to remark a lot of areas and start the no wake zones much further back. My last 2 trips out on the water I thought a tournament boat was going to tie up to mine, came within a foot of my boat. The bad thing is they will throw all over and around crappie boats and bank fisherman but then I hear them complain when another bass boat gets close to them. They will tell the other boat they are throwing in that area to move or do not get closer. I got washed around so bad Saturday it ruined a good day on the water with family and it also bounced a 160 dollar reel and rod out of my boat that I could not recover. I know there are disrespectful people of all fishing groups but those of you who act this way need to learn how to be more respectful. I came very close to taking a joy ride before I left the lake. My wife said we should go full speed real close by all the bass boats when they are stopped fishing and repay the favor. This is my rant for the day. Happy fishing to all.
    Thanks PDog thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

THere was a big bass tournament on Caddo Saturday while I was fishing as well. --Feelin' your pain.
    I'm glad to see folks enjoying the lake, but the tournaments can sure be annoying!
    JBJ

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the first and surely not the last. People change when there is money involved. Why do you think those that can fish the weekdays do and stay home on the weekend? When you're loading up to go, holler over at them how you wished you had been in a tourney today for all the big bass you caught. They will inevitably ask where you were, and you can clearly respond" you don't think I'll tell you, do you?"
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Flare gun comes to mind, that and a 200hp merc that will throw a roostertail bout hundred feet long. Its not just bass fisherman or tourney fisherman, some folks have no respect no matter what they are doing.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

If you really wanna tick them off tell them you have been catching Small mouth for a fish fry............seems like most people have lost their manners
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-11-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just Bass fishermen, some Crappie guys are as bad if not worse here. Some don't have a clue how to drive a boat and some just don't care.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Notice I said there are bad ones in all groups, I know there are some crappie guys just as bad. I did think it was funny when I told another guy since I had my limit on crappie I was going to go get my limit of bass next, said my friend had been wearing the big bass out. They all gave me the curious look. There is one place where I see a bunch of them will fish it for half a day and 95% of them never catch a fish there. Most of the decent bass I have seen caught there have been by crappie fisherman and there have not been many of them.
    Last edited by crappieseeker; 03-11-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it when a bass fisherman rides by while I'm holding up a bass and throw it in the cooler.I watched 2 boats Saturday with 2 grown man cuss each other out and threats of a good Alabama butt whoopin.13 boats fishing 150 to 200 yards of water in front of the 79 bridge on Guntersville anyone on the bank were screwed because you would have to wait your turn to throw your bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranting is good for the soul! There have always been a few inconsiderate fishermen, but it seems the growth of our sport has spawned more. A shame.

Post Thanks / Like

! Yes a "shame" is the correct word! If the "people?" in high speed boats would just stay away, a ways, as they go by the wake could have a chance to subside some before the "breaker" hit. Also give a guy a little room to fish! Last season had a fisherman(?) hit me square in the back with his 3/8 oz jig and minnow rig. How do I know it was a 3/8ths? I pulled it from between my shoulders,,... off my back! I yelled a "WTH!" and shortly then, we pulled anchor and left. My wife and I are in our 60's and they were three big ole grizzly guys. As we left, I began to shout out in "mumbles" as we putted away in our old V-bottom and our 9.9. They thought they really had scared us away, but did not know that we had burned up over 120 minnows in the last three hours and had caught over 60 keeper fish+, (limit 30 ea!) and the bite was now off. We had agreed that we would use all the minnows before we left, if the bite was on. The bite had been ON and so we used them all, right before we "ran". The bite was off now for the day anyway, but they didn't know that for we had fished that area for three weekends and knew the time the bite would probably quit and it did quit,at about the same time. There was three other boats in the same area real close too and I bet these "fisherman?" looked real big and tough to those other boats there, as it looked like they had ran this "old" couple off. I laughed till I was blue in the face on the way back to the ramp with cooler full of nice crappie. You know 90% of boaters are considerate boaters, but it's that 10% that does it every time. Don't let 'em get to ya'! They will soon be off on their run of,,.... the "tournament frenzy they are RUNNING in,,... even though they my not be in one and will never slow down enough to enjoy fishing, let alone life. It will pass them by so fast they won't get to have a look at it. It's like the hog eating acorns under an old oak, eat some and ruuuuunn to the next tree before another hog eats them over at that,,... other tree,,.... leaving the last good ones behind. The hog is so ignorant that he never takes any time to look up to see where the acorns are coming from,,... to appreciate that big old oak which gave them their food! Yes it is a shame! They better hurry hurry hurry, someone else is catching "their" fish! .
    *Rudeness is the pride of ignorance and vanity,,... of the inability to show respect for your fellow man!
    *Look at that beautiful sky today! What beautiful sky,,... it's dark now, never noticed,,... the day is gone. Oh well, let's hurry up and get home.....................

I am not against tournaments. I am not against bass fisherman. I am however,,... disappointed and angry at "that",,... 10%

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast