Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stinkin Weather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stinkin Weather

To windy for the boat for sure this weekend. Guess I'll try and hit the dam and the docks at the Glen if it doesn't rain. Maybe some 'eyes' have moved up to the dam. Should be getting close. Heard they are catching a few crappie around the docks at Glen Elder but nothing big by Glen standards. I'd sure like to see it haul off and give us a good 4 or 5 inch rain! Ponds and Lakes need some serious run off! I drove around Kanopolis about a week ago and man it's bad. Not a ramp even close to being serviceable at this point. Talked to a guy in Salina who's lived around the area his whole life and said he's never seen Kanopolis this low. At least I can still hit Wilson and the Glen. Planning on fishing Milford more to this year, if they don't drain it dry!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I have'nt been able to make it up for the spawn the last couple of years but I'm just wondering if Fish & Game still drop they're nets off the face of the dam at Glen? I'm thinkin I need to dig out the match rods and give it a go this year. I really could use a little exercise walk trolling the dam a couple or three nites.

Post Thanks / Like

You and me both!! I'm not positive but I don't think they put the nets off the face of the dam at the Glen anymore, but not 100 percent sure. I should do it just for the exercise!!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark88 View Post
    To windy for the boat for sure this weekend. Guess I'll try and hit the dam and the docks at the Glen if it doesn't rain. Maybe some 'eyes' have moved up to the dam. Should be getting close. Heard they are catching a few crappie around the docks at Glen Elder but nothing big by Glen standards. I'd sure like to see it haul off and give us a good 4 or 5 inch rain! Ponds and Lakes need some serious run off! I drove around Kanopolis about a week ago and man it's bad. Not a ramp even close to being serviceable at this point. Talked to a guy in Salina who's lived around the area his whole life and said he's never seen Kanopolis this low. At least I can still hit Wilson and the Glen. Planning on fishing Milford more to this year, if they don't drain it dry!

It wasn't to long ago when Glen was 10', Kanop was 8' low, maybe 6yrs now, but the river still ran. This past summer is the 1st in recorded history that the Smoky quit running. Even during the dust bowl years it ran 50-60cfs. In the 80's Kanop was almost 11' low, partially due to drought, but most due to the beginnings of The Post Rock Rural Water Dist. The lake received it's 1st artificial habitats through F&G then too. I remember watching guys launch their boats off Loders on the makeshift ramps using aircraft carrier decking. Thanks for the stroll
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat