Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stir them up?

Post Thanks / Like

Default stir them up?

what do you think dragging an anchor over an area would do to the fish? do you think they would run off? or would they spook a bit then settle and feed on the food stirred up? naturally you do this by or in a present marked school. maybe toss out some chum too? in my res. the cats would take over i suppose. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I crappie fish in very clear water that gets its share of pressure and sometimes it seems that the boat its self tends to spook fish.Dragging an anchor thru the fish will spook them for sure and it can take a while for them to come back and settle down.I prefer to anchor 20 to 25 ft. away when possible.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad has been dragging a chain behind his boat, for as long as I can remember, and he always seems to catch more than his fair share.

Post Thanks / Like

Drag the chains, bump the trees, and wake all of 'em up.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Default stir them up?

Yea... I don't think you will gain anything from this strategy ..
    Save A Minnow, Use A Jig

Post Thanks / Like

I do it all the time. I usually use a window weight then sometimes a 5ft section of chain or both.The weight will be behind you so it won't affect the fish under your rods.I will drag weights across a large body of my targeted depth until I can't go any further and if it was successful I will go back upwind and do it again,never had any problems with it.

Post Thanks / Like

You will do a lot of damage to the structure that you drag thru. A lot of guys spend a lot of time dropping the structure on precise points and ledges and wouldn't appreciate you tearing it apart. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    You will do a lot of damage to the structure that you drag thru. A lot of guys spend a lot of time dropping the structure on precise points and ledges and wouldn't appreciate you tearing it apart. EB

Post Thanks / Like

I hear what you are saying but I am sure those guys including myself know this could happen when they put them out. I occasionaly put out matts but I do know that this is liable to happen on a public lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I understand the putting out your own structure, but anybody who fishes Reelfoot Lake can tell you, 98% of the boats out there are dragging chain, and the other 2% have never been to Reelfoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast