Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 HOI Crappie Club Tournament Schedule & Results

Post Thanks / Like

Post 2013 HOI Crappie Club Tournament Schedule & Results

Hello All,
    2013 Schedule

March 16th – Spring Lake (25hp), both Lakes (North and South)- North Ramp. UODATE: South Lake ONLY. South Ramp.

April 27th- Dawson Lake (10hp/over 10hp No wake)

May 11th- Evergreen (10hp)- Main ramp

June 8th- Clinton Lake (No hp restriction)- Mascoutin (Campground Boat Ramp) UPDATE: West Ramp, location has changed to the West Ramp.

July 20th Night Tournament (full moon) - Evergreen Lake (10hp) Main ramp

August 24th Night Tournament (full moon) - Location: Banner Marsh East Access (25hp)

September 21 & 22 Two day tournament- Clinton Lake (no hp restriction)- Mascoutin (Campground Boat Ramp) UPDATE: West Ramp, location has changed to the West Ramp.

Rules and Regulations can be found at Larrysfishinghole.com or contact me and I'll email them to you.

It's going to be a great year. Looking forward to meeting new friends, old friends and learning more about Crappie fishing.
    Last edited by Hanr3; 05-13-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Updated June Ramp location.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

Slight change of plans. Spring Lake: We are holding the tournament on the South Lake only. The North Lake has a Muskie tournament, so we are on the South Lake only.

Hope ot see you there.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOI Crappie Club Rules and Regulations.

Print it, fill it out, and bring it to the tournament.
    We also have copies at the tournament.

2013 HOI Crappie Club R&R.pdf
    HOI Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about ya'lls bad luck at springlake south. North has a wider variety of structure options. Maybe next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

Tournament this weekend at Dawson Lake. See you there.

Also note: The June Tournament at Clinton Lake has been updated. We have been approved to launch from the West Ramp.
    HOI Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

How did the Dawson lake tournament go? I wish the wife and I had more time we would have joined ya'll!

Post Thanks / Like

Tournament went great. I should be able to get the results and a picture of the winners posted soon. Waiting on some information.

Crappie were in 9-11 FOW outside of bays, not holding to any cover. Just milling about. I think most teams caught a limit. The competition was fierce. .03 tens of an ounce separate 1st place from 3rd place. It was that close. Most fish brought to the scales were 9". A single 10" fish would have changed the game drastically. Big fish was won by .1 of an ounce.

It was close and a great time. Made some new friends and got to visit with some old friends. I can't wait for the Evergreen tournament in two weeks.

I did talk to the bait/restaurant owners after the tournament and they said the lake is full of Crappie. While the fish aren't big, they need to be culled out so they can grow bigger. I look forward to this being a great lake for the next several years at least.

If your anyone is interested in fishing Dawson, it has a 10hp limit, however anything over 10hp is limited to a no wake speed. So you guys with the bigger motors can fish the lake too.

I screwed up and didn't check the creel limits before the tournament and didn't want to go look after I was out on the water. I figured it was either 9" and 25 limit, OR no size restriction and 15 fish. I compromised and went for 15 over 9". My partner and I limited out and threw back about 22 under 9". We caught over 50 fish. At times I had to stop unhooking a slab to set the hook on another. Wasn't uncommon for us to be tripled up at a time.

I kept telling my partner we need to find some 10" fish to win this thing. It's hard to leave fish to find fish. Once we limited out we trolled around looking for some bigger fish, didn't find a thing.

Also noticed just about every other boat in the tournament was fishing the same point. We were laughing at them. No one came to check out the point we fished. From our vantage point, it looked like the boats were stacked up on fish. Usually its the fish that are stacked up. Kind of ironic.

All in all, it was a great day. The weather cooperated, the fish cooperated, and it was just fantastic to be out on the water again. Especially after this unusual winter/spring and flooding. Hope to see you all at the Evergreen tournament.
    HOI Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. Wife and I would love to join you guys. We spent last spring and summer buying and remodeling a house we bought and moved into and are in the process of selling our old house this year. We are supposed to close on our old house in 6 weeks or so. Maybe then our lives will slow down a bit and we can start participating in some HOI tournements.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed response. Sounds like it was a good tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

How many teams were there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast