Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HumminBird Piranha MAX15

Post Thanks / Like

Default HumminBird Piranha MAX15

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this one. I just found one at the Post Exchange on clearance for 33 bucks. Could walk away. Is it worth it or should I take it back? This will be placed on my trolling motor. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I have one I mounted on my T. motor works fine. sent in the tranducer and got the T.M. trans in exchange. Has two beams wide and small and temp. No complaints yet except I had to pay more for mine.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

I have the MAX20. Before this one, I had a 515, so that is what I am comparing it to. The resolution is good for the size of the unit. The only complaint that I have so far is that it is more of a pain to disconnect from the mount after fishing. You have to disconnect the cables and unscrew the wingnut to take it off. On the 515, you just pushed a button and it popped off without messing with the power and transducer cabes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexFisher
    Wondering if anyone has any experience with this one. I just found one at the Post Exchange on clearance for 33 bucks. Could walk away. Is it worth it or should I take it back? This will be placed on my trolling motor. Thanks
    If you already opened your transducer package, I'd trade you a dual beam with temp trolling motor puck transducer for the one that came in your unit. Mine is fairly new, and in great condition, no scratches or the like.

If you didn't open the package, you can send if to hummingbird and they'll trade it for a new one of your choice and you pay the shipping.

Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, what is the difference in the transducers? This one seems small enough to go on the trolling motor. Let me research it a little and I will let you know about the swap. Do you have the mount for the transducer you have? Take Care, Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexFisher
    Mike, what is the difference in the transducers? This one seems small enough to go on the trolling motor. Let me research it a little and I will let you know about the swap. Do you have the mount for the transducer you have? Take Care, Larry
    Most likely a transom mount transducer came with your unit, it's designed to mount to the transom, and is an adjustable two piece unit. A trolling moter transducer is shaped like a round puck, and mounts to the trolling motor with an adjustable hose clamp, at least that's what I think it is. Mounting a transom mount transducer to your trolling motor can be a pain, as you are more likely to snap if clean off by hitting rocks or stumps or whatever you have in your lake. I snapped one off and then bought the puck. They are fairly low profile, to keep them from really contacting anything you'll hit.

I bought a new eagle unit for the front of my boat, and would like to mount my humminbird on the back of my boat.

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

i have the pirhana max 15 mounted on my console and it works fine for me, as for the disconnection of the cables, i dont think it is bad, its only two cables....jmo

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I will swap you transducers. I bought this thing on clearance so it was already opened once and then taped up. I actually noticed today that I am missing the power cable so I guess I will need to order that. Are those the only two cables I need? Shoot me a PM and we can discuss how we're going to do this. Take Care, Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Will pm you in just a sec. Thanks
    Last edited by mduncan62; 08-17-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tex, I'll be out of town the 21st through the 25th. I'll have to ship the ducer to you on the 28th.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast