Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody use the Pinnacle Vertrex IM7 Rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anybody use the Pinnacle Vertrex IM7 Rods?

Grizzly jigs has a very good price on these Pinnacle Rods at $60 for 4 rods. Has anybody tried these rods yet? If so, are they worth the $60 and how is the sensitivity?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anybody use the Pinnacle Vertrex IM7 Rods?

Super sensitive and very whippy. Not a lot of backbone.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set and love them. They just right for vertical jigging, lightweight spidderigging, and I use them alot in lakes without snags longlining. Especially, ones that average fish less than 1.25 pounds. Very fun rods and affordable too! I also use mine to tightline for big bluegills and shellcrackers. They compare to the BnM jig pole, but to me a better blank and cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no prob with the backbone, these poles are stout. Have caught trash fish up to 20 pounds without a problem. Not near as "whippy" as a Capps and Coleman and wont break boating a 2 pound crappie without a net.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

No I have not. I have/do however, fish with IM7 rods. I have a 6& 1/2 foot for regular spinning tackle, and a 5&1/2 foot for crappie and bluegill. I really like the sensitivity that an IM7 rod gives me. I, personally, like the "back bone stiffness", which I believe makes a quicker hook-set than a "softer" rod blank that bends with a touch of a feather on the end of the line. Both of these IM7 rods have landed some pretty good (.lb) fish. As of right now, and having 12 years with fishing with nothing but IM7 rods, (and,,... they are same rods that I have used for those 12 years) that if I purchased a new rod,( if ever these wear out), I would purchase the IM7 rods. Who makes them won't matter,,... as long as they are good companies. Good luck and if you buy an IM7 rod, in my opinion,,... you will be pleased. Remember,,,...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Grizzly jigs has a very good price on these Pinnacle Rods at $60 for 4 rods. Has anybody tried these rods yet? If so, are they worth the $60 and how is the sensitivity?
    Hi, new guy on here, great site, first post. Just wanted to clarify that the rods at 4 for $60 are the Limits, not the Vertex. I just bought two Limits a few weeks ago, that is why it caught my eye. If there is a special on the Vertex at 4 for $60, please let me know lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Montagc, grizzlyjig has the Pinnacle Vertex for sale at 4 rods for $60. I just ordered 4 yesterday along with 4 Capps and Coleman.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those that are on sale are the Pinnacal Limit rods which are a composite rod mostly fiberglass with some Graphite and very good Spider rigging poles. The Vertex is a graphite rod and almost twice the price.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Montagc, grizzlyjig has the Pinnacle Vertex for sale at 4 rods for $60. I just ordered 4 yesterday along with 4 Capps and Coleman.
    Looks like I'll be spending more money then! I don't see it on the site or the ebay store. Did you call and order?

Post Thanks / Like

yes I called and order direct from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast