Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ultralight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best ultralight

I was wondering what the best ultralight rod would be for $50 or under, I was at wal mart and looking at their selection which included fenwicks, rapala's, lightning rods, and quantums. Out of these which would be the best buy?

Post Thanks / Like

i would go with the quantum.....but thats just me.....
    SIGNATURE COMING SOON

Post Thanks / Like

I've been real pleased with the Ugly Stick Lite model. The ultralight model 5' is too slow, but the light action 5'6" has a better, stiffer action. I can feel bites better and set the hook better with light, high stretch line.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the rods you can get at walmart are pretty low quality. I suggest getting one of these at BPS. I've never seen better rods for $30. Head and shoulders better than anything they have at walmart.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

Personally, in the microlite series I'd go with the 7 ft 2-8 lb test, but for the money you cant beat those IM7 tourny's if you can find the right weight. I used to pay $80-$100 for similar rods. I normally buy more expensive rods, but I'd stock up on those tourny's for $30 each.

PS. I just noticed the wally marshall IM8 crappie rods are on sale as well - http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...&cmCat=3337250 - very nice rod. I might order a couple next week.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 08-13-2006 at 03:22 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

The BPS Micro-Lite series is very good for the money. I've got a 7' and a 7'6" that I've used for several years. I think I paid $29.95 plus S & H each for them. Very sensitive and strong enough to boat the occasional catfish that happens along. I like them as well or better than some more expensive rods I own. Of course like everyone else that's my personal opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

i second grizz with this rod. just got a 7 1/2' ultra light matched up with a pflueger trion. i really like it :D
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Wally Marshall rod and it's really nice,especially for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had several and I like the Ugly Stick best.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very partial to the Cherrywood 5' Ultralite rods. Very sensitive and balanced well. They run about 19 bucks. I also have 4 of the Mitchell 500UL spinning reels which work very good for tightlining at night. If I'm not mistaken I think they run around $20. Check 'em out next time you're at Wally World.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Wally rods and Ozark rods. BPS has some Wally rod combos on sale in their clearance section online. If you want to look at the Ozark rods go to either www.grizzly jigs or www.cabelas.com.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast