Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dropping cover

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dropping cover

The rule of thumb is that 20% of the water holds 80% of the fish. I find this to be somewhat true. I also find that the areas I want to drop cover are also areas on my lake where all the tournament bass fisherman catch bass from too. I want to drop some boo in those areas in smaller containers than 5 gallon buckets because those are too heavy for me to handle alone. I was thinking it would probably be a waste of time since the bass guys would have it pulled all over the area with the braided line. It would never stay in one spot. It seems all my ideal spots for cover would be subject to interference.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember that you need a permit to build structure in some lakes these days,don't know if they would give a feller a ticket but easier to ck before paying

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am aware some lakes require a permit but mine does not. I think I might back up a little out of the bass guys direct path and hope for the best.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeker, they hold fish one way or the other.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around