Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: beetle spin for bluegill?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb beetle spin for bluegill?

i think ive seen threads where the beetle spin was mentioned...i was just thinki9ng about buying some off from bass pro shops but before i did i wanted to ask if other people use these for bluegill...and how they fish it and stuff..so if i could get some answers that would be great thanks
    SIGNATURE COMING SOON

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this previous thread:
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=19398

I sometimes use a small egg weight above the beetle spin if I need to cast it further or I need it to drop deeper. But other than that I fish it mostly as I would a spinner bait since that is basically what it is.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

See the pic I posted in the referenced thread. I quit using crickets and the like many years ago.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cachuma
    i think ive seen threads where the beetle spin was mentioned...i was just thinki9ng about buying some off from bass pro shops but before i did i wanted to ask if other people use these for bluegill...and how they fish it and stuff..so if i could get some answers that would be great thanks
    A lot of different way to fish this lure. Some ways are better for some and better for the time of the year. I have fished it fast, slow, jigged it, ect.

Have caught more types fish on it than any other lure, roadrunners are second. Beetle spins are more weedless than Roadrunners.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up If I could only have one lure to use....

It would be the beetle spin.:D There are several different ways to fish it but my favorite is to reel it slowly over the top of grass mats. You never know what you will catch on them. I have caught ALL KINDS of bream, crappie, bass, catfish, garfish, choupique......Well I think that is about all the kinds of fish we have down here. Oh yea I have also caught a few saltwater fish on them too! :D

My favorite colors is the solid White with one Red dot on the bottom side of it. My second would be the black and chartruse.
    Good Luck,
    Shadow
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

If I had only one bait to choose from to survive off of it would be the beetle spin. Something will bite those things all year long. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

so basicly you never tell what you are gunna catch on one of these bad boys?....i like that
    SIGNATURE COMING SOON

Post Thanks / Like

They're a great lure to cast against the banks of a river when the water is low. A buddy, his grandfather and I used to take float trips down the Neuse River in North Carolina from Goldsboro to Seven Springs. We'd cast the Beetle Spins to hit the walls of the river and bounce off into the water, then bring them in medium fast on the Zebco 33's we had back then.

Always filled the coolers we had with fish and had a awesome dawn to dusk float trip. We'd also pick up the occasional bass, which made for some excitement with those small rod and reels. Great memories.

Get a Beetle spin or two in black/chartruese and white/red. Several sizes would be good too. You won't regret it.
    Dave in Statham, GA

Post Thanks / Like

beetle spins are one of the first artificials I ever used, and still use them often and the color don't matter......... as long as its purple.

fishinRod
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am