Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSS-2 Install Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default LSS-2 Install Problem

I attempted to install LSS-2 Structure scan today with my HDS-7. I'm not getting power to the SS module. I have read a lot of the forums and haven't found a solution. I have positive and negative lines running direct to battery with fuse in positive line (fuse is good...doubled/triple checked it). I have the yellow from my SS power cord hooked to the yellow on my HDS-7 power. Battery is good.

I have also activated the StructureScan option on my HDS-7 under the advanced settings.

Basically when I power up my HDS, the indicator light for power on my SS module blinks very briefly (yellow color)...as if it was trying to power up...then nothing. No other indicator lights on the SS module...obviously no power.

My feeling at this point is I got either a bad power cable or the SS module is bad. Anyone heard of or familiar with this symptom?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call Lowrance tomorrow.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the heck of it try the yellow wire on the battery too.

Post Thanks / Like

The yellow wire should go to + battery with a switch in between. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help. Ran the yellow direct to the positive on the battery and got power and everything is working...so now will install a switch. Guess I should have followed the directions from the manual in the first place.

I had read several posts where guys said they connected the yellow from the SS module to the yellow from the HDS...which would power up the SS when you turn on the HDS...obviously didn't work for me.

Thanks again for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use the main power switch. Glad we could help. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

So why didnt it work with the yellows connected together? You got me puzzeld now

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    So why didnt it work with the yellows connected together? You got me puzzeld now
    I'm not sure. Maybe Chatt can answer...like I stated, I read several forum posts where guys said that was how they set their's up. All I know is it did not work for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default LSS-2 Install Problem

You did have the HDS 7 turned on when you checked the power on the SS unit didn't you? It should work with the two yellow wires hooked together, and not hooked to anything else when the 7 is turned on. Better put a switch between the yellow wire and the battery on the SS unit so it won't be on constantly if you leave it like that. You could run the yellow wire to the Nav light switch and use that to turn the SS unit on and off if you don't want to add another switch.

Big River Marine
    Bill Burnett
    870-635-0202

We sell XPRESS, EXCEL, and ALWELD Boats. Yamaha, Suzuki, Evinrude, Mud Buddy, and Tohatsu/Nissan Engines.
    Pro Staff, Southern Pro Tackle and Ozark Rods.
    Member, Tri-State Crappie Anglers
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Fellow j hawker, I just bought HDS 7 Gen 2 package w/lss2, did the install myself and I was lucky enough to have yellow wire hooked between module and hds, that did power up and down with the hds on off key. Wierd huh! DK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast