Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change in Tournament Payouts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change in Tournament Payouts

After a great deal of consideration and discussion, Jeff and I have decided to change the payouts for each tournament so that more teams will receive a check. They will also more closely correspond to how other circuits handle payouts.

Beginning in 2013, we will pay one spot for every 5 paid teams. This means, for example, that at 20 paid teams, the top 4 weights will receive a check, at 25 paid teams, the top 5 weights, and so on. In the past, only 3 teams would have received a check at 20 paid teams. 100% of the entry fees will go to the fishermen (80% to the current tournament with 20% held back for the classic), just as in the past. Keep in mind that the points champion from the prior year may fish tournaments for free, so that the board may show 20 teams, but only 19 paid; in this example, that means only 3 teams would receive a check (19 paid teams), rather than 4 teams receiving a check.

This change will allow more folks to get recognition in the form of a payout for their achievements during the year.
    Last edited by fished-out; 03-06-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure beats winning a bottle of fish formula for 3rd place... Ask Bill... lol

Post Thanks / Like

are you telling me that tbone/chicken leggs and harry/harry's partner fish for free this year, as they tied in the classic?
    If that's the case- BEERS ON THEM LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Naa, gotta win the points championship (all around) to get free tournaments, not the Classic; but they should still buy the beer given the checks they took home!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmk112 View Post
    Sure beats winning a bottle of fish formula for 3rd place... Ask Bill... lol
    you got the whole bottle? sweet

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Bill smells kinda funny sometimes----maybe he thought it was shampoo...

Just kiddin' Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fished-out View Post
    After a great deal of consideration and discussion, Jeff and I have decided to change the payouts for each tournament so that more teams will receive a check. They will also more closely correspond to how other circuits handle payouts.

Beginning in 2013, we will pay one spot for every 5 paid teams. This means, for example, that at 20 paid teams, the top 4 weights will receive a check, at 25 paid teams, the top 5 weights, and so on. In the past, only 3 teams would have received a check at 20 paid teams. 100% of the entry fees will go to the fishermen (80% to the current tournament with 20% held back for the classic), just as in the past. Keep in mind that the classic winners from the prior year fish tournaments for free, so that the board may show 20 teams, but only 19 paid; in this example, that means only 3 teams would receive a check (19 paid teams), rather than 4 teams receiving a check.
    This change will allow more folks to get recognition in the form of a payout for their achievements during the year.

Post Thanks / Like

OH MAN YOU'RE RIGHT, I mis-typed! I fixed it by editing the post!! It's really the points champion that gets the free tournaments in the following year.

Sorry about that...

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to see a running total of whats in the classic fund starting from the second tournament. It would be nice to no what you could end up fishing for after what we won two years ago for winning the classic kinda made me sick

Post Thanks / Like

I'll talk to Jeff, but I think that's a good idea. It's pretty easy math though; if we averaged 20 paid boats per tournament and had 20 paid boats in the classic, we'd have about $4300, including some sponsor money earmarked for the classic, paid across 4 places. If we averaged 30 paid boats per tournament and had 30 paid boats in the classic, we'd have about $6000 paid across 6 places. This should hold for 2013, but is dependent on actually receiving the sponsor earmarked money.

Keeping a running total could be somewhat misleading (it would tend to look low), because it wouldn't take into account the Classic entry fee and earmarked sponsor money, but I wouldn't be adverse to doing it anyway, so long as everyone understands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast