Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I bought two new B'n'M rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default I bought two new B'n'M rods

Purchased through their website, the new slab-tail casting rods. Thought I would try the B'n'M brand after reading so much about them. The guides don't line up, in fact some are 180 degrees off of the others! Then I looked at the tags, made in China. Figures.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

According to the description of those rods the guides are built that way. I have 5 bnm poles and they hold up well,even caught a few big catfish and goo on them on accident.

From their site....

The spin cast version features guides that “half twist” around the rod blank to help prevent the line from sticking to the blank in freezing weather and offer added sensitivity when using 4 or even 2 pound test line. The result is a casting rod with the feel and delivery of a spinning rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. Added sensitivity with twisted guides? I guess I'll give them a shot.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Looks weird but it actually works....I have a rod with twisted guides I use for speckled trout and redfish and it helps.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That used to be called an English wrap. I never used one but have seen them for years.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They're made for baitcast reels ... and guide the line from the topmost guides around to the end guides that are underneath the rod (like a spinning rod is). I remember that configuration of guides from decades ago, back in my Bass fishing days ... and I even had a rod like that.
    Might make a pretty good spider rig pole, for those that use baitcast reels.

... cp